Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Chaos Chosen

3 posters

Go down

Application - Chaos Chosen Empty Application - Chaos Chosen

Post  Robfails Sun Sep 07 2008, 21:28

1. Character Information - Well none at the moment, i was accepted into the closed beta but didn't realise today sadly. Downloading as i type this ^^ Will be in the Open Beta Tomorrow evening if all goes well.

I am expecting to play a Chaos character. I do love the armour they wear lol. Chosen for sure.

2. Playing Hours - I work 9-5, so i will be playing evenings and weekends. As will most people i assume lol. 4 hours a day. More on Weekends 10-12 hours. Can't really ask for anymore from a working man lol. Got to earn a living eh. I have seen instances where you say you need to play 42 hours per week minimum. It's not how much you play, it's what you achieve in your time on the game. You could play 50 hours a week. Half of which wondering about aimlessly. I digress. I think Quality over quantity is my point lol. I reiterate the quality factor. However, all this is pointless as I can commit 40 hours per week of course. 42 if it is really necessary. So just meeting the bare minimum..

3. Past Gaming Experience - Well there is a lot so i won't go into detail... I used to play a lot of Counter Strike before MMO's, Playing in CAL with a clan called [ES-X] we did ok i guess lol.

Mostly played World of Warcraft. Played not long after release so... Nearly 3 years.

Played Age of Conan but was really disappointed. I was in the closed beta for that too. Seemed okish but the content after level 25ish really let the game down.

4. Past Guilds and if you have held any place of power in a Guild (any proof of this will greatly help) -
No power nope. I don't like to get involved with that side of guilds. I just do what i am told lol.

I was in Novus Inceptum. Naxx raiding guild Pre-TBC. Disbanded when a lot of people transfered to a "better" server. However, the people that left Novus created the guild "Numen" on Silvermoon. Numen is ranked 26th in the world, Madness.

After that Deeprun Pest Control www.deeprunpestcontrol.co.uk

Now the best guild on Aggramar. For Proof... If you look at the Archimonde kill screenshot on the website you will see my character on the far right on my mount ^^ However, quit shortly after we killed Archimonde so have not seen the Sunwell content. http://www.deeprunpestcontrol.co.uk/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=110&Itemid=1

There we go. Fished that out for you hehe

And here is the one from Lady Vashj for good measure. You can see the name tag above my head corresponds with the name on the armoury. I am sure you get a lot of people pretending etc.

http://www.deeprunpestcontrol.co.uk/images/stories/vashj1.jpg

I am the gnome with the glowing sword out and pink hair and beard near the corpse. Middle/right of the photo ^^

Not sure if you were WoW addicts but here is a link to my old characters gear etc. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aggramar&n=Trogster Not fantastic of course but this was my gear as of a year ago. So was quite decent back then.

5. How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild. I.e. Website help, helping players outside Unleashed etc. - Well it's important to help others out as it reflects on the guild. You really don't want everyone thinking you are a bunch of douchebags as that is never nice. I pick things up quite quickly and will always be there to lend a hand.

6. Reasons for joining Unleashed - Seems like a nice community. Can forsee good things in RvR ^^

7. How long you plan on playing WAR - Well it's always hard to tell with a new game. I am in for the long haul though. Looking for something to take up my time and WAR seems pretty damn good.

8. Access to Ventrilo and a mic? Of course.

9. A personal statement - tell us about yourself - I am Rob, 20 years old from England. Work in accounts... yawn... enjoy music and going to the gym. Not really into roleplaying as such or fanstasy. Just love MMO's really. I am pretty hardcore when it comes down to it. Used to raid every day on WoW. Grind all the pots etc. But it will be interesting to see how end game content will work on WAR.

10. Have you pre-ordered the WAR CE and will you be playing in the Headstart with us? Yes ^^

11. Computer specs and Internet connection - Intel Quad Core 2.6Ghz. 4gb ram, 1gb Gfx. 4mb internet connection from O2 which is Stable.

12. How to get in contact with you, preferably MSN - MSN, primeyuri12@hotmail.com. Would be nice if you could contact me even if i am not sucessful ^^ Just so i know hehe.

13. Something i'd like to add, more of a question to you - Is there a link to any information on other games where you guys at Unleashed can show people the past achievements in other games? I think this would bolster the guilds standing pre-launch. It is good that you are only letting in the best. So the guild definatly will be good. More so that new people can see the management is on the same par as the new recruits.

Thanks for reading.

Rob

Robfails
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 2
Class : Undecided
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Application - Chaos Chosen Empty Re: Application - Chaos Chosen

Post  Firefly Tue Sep 09 2008, 21:13

hmm even tho your hours are not the best i have ever seen in the world i still like this app for some reason. You have a limited past and playtime but you still word it the best you can. I really liked that aspect Wink

Please whisper me in game mate -- My name is firefly
Firefly
Firefly
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Male Number of posts : 424
Class : Witch Elf
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfails Wed Sep 10 2008, 00:40

Sadly i am on the American Beta Servers as i moved from closed beta to open beta. This was before the EU Beta keys were sent out. =[ Well i understand that you are on the Arrialle server or however it is spelt. I am on Tyrion. =[ However, after a little time to think i have decided to join a more casual guild. There are many guilds claiming they are "Hardcore". You should have posted evidence that you are. Hardcore guilds lack community as they are mostly comprised of socially retarded morons.

This is all just hype. Anyone that can type coherently can pretend to be half decent. However, your reply didn't make much sense. I have the caster necklace from Kel'Thuzad in my bank on WoW. You should be familiar with this necklace if you were a hardcore raider in WoW. 2% spell crit at level 60 yumyum? So technically you can't top that "Hardcore" wise. As raiding Naxx was by no means a walk in the park.

There is no way of telling how things will turn out or any proof that these guilds are created by good players. Mostly just people with far too much time on their hands. It seems like you guys are a bit over the top with recruitment. Starting a new game means a clean slate. No matter how good anyone was in other games doesn't mean you will be good at a similar game.

For example. On Counterstrike i was much better than the average person. Scores on average of 40-5 on public servers.

Played Team Fortress 2. Similar game. First person shooter, so you would think it would be similar.

I was awful at it lol.

Also i don't think i would be able to cope with what seems like a strict hierarchy. Not when i don't believe that the powers that be would be more skilled than i.

So basically is all a load of bollocks to be blunt. From what i have seen is that this game isn't all about guilds. Sure capturing keeps etc. But you don't need a team of "HARDCORE" people to take a keep from NPC's. It's the Destruction as a whole that either wins or loses. A few people with good intentions that play too much won't change that.

Hardly something you will want to hear. Sadly it's the truth.

This wasn't a whine post it was just my 10 cents on the hype of WAR.

Robfails
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 2
Class : Undecided
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Olthrion Wed Sep 10 2008, 02:46

It's fine that you want to join a casual guild, I wish you the best of luck.
About your remarks you seems to be way off with that being the truth, it's not at all really and you might see that later on my friend Wink
Anyway as far as a community I'm sure everyone around here would say we have a great one, both in the guild and towards alot of guilds out there in warhammer.
As far as questions on previous experience it's of course to get a view on what you have played before, what your familiar with etc and also what you are used to since there are plenty of aspects to draw experience from in several other games, this is a given Smile
And finally you seem to have missed alot of the content that it's good to have a solid guild for, there is alot out there in the game, and much more to come, so go and explore those posibilities.

Well, that should answer some of your comments.
Good luck in the future and which what ever guild you will join in the end mate Very Happy
Olthrion
Olthrion
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 696
Class : Disciple of Khaine
Registration date : 2008-02-06

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content