Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos Chosen or Black Orc Application

2 posters

Go down

Chaos Chosen or Black Orc Application Empty Chaos Chosen or Black Orc Application

Post  Fakka Fri Aug 08 2008, 00:17

Character Information - Race, Class
Black Orc or Chaos Chosen. I'd prefer to play as one of the Chosen, but the comedy value of Da Orcs would also appeal.

Playing Hours - The amount of hours per week you spend on (any game) and will this change for WAR?
When I played WoW I'd put in a couple of hours a night, between 10-20 hours a week including weekends. Due to my partner being pregnant my hours will drop off as time goes by, but I should be able to put in at least 1-2 hours a night during the week and 3+ hours in a stint on Sat/Sun.

Past Gaming Experience (Please note that we may ask questions about said game to check credibility)
I'm 32. I've played pretty much every game which has had an impact on gaming culture. The game I've spent the most time on was World of Warcraft, however the PvE content became too time consuming at later levels, so I quit. I'm hoping that Warhammer, with it's PvP/RvR focus, will provide me with an enjoyable game, but one which I can walk away from if more important things come up (baby, dogs etc etc). I'm somewhere between hardcore and casual, if I had to describe myself.

Past Guilds and if you have held any place of power in a Guild (any proof of this will greatly help)
Many guilds in WoW, none of any real note. I ran various small guilds when I got bored of the elitism of certain childish officers, but I play to enjoy my gaming not to feel like I have a second job. Hence I'll always be dependable when needed, but I'm more comfortable in the background of a guild. I don't want responsibility.

How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild. I.e. Website help, helping players outside Unleashed etc.
I enjoy assisting people where I can. I like crafting, so I could assist the guild by concentrating on a needed crafting profession. As far as technical expertise go, I could help with the logistics of the website (keeping the zone file up-to-date and so on) but I have little experience in web design. Although I'll be playing a Destruction player, I will play with the honour which is a part of my psyche and morality. If a player is being corpse camped, I will try to drive the coward off.

Reasons for joining Unleashed
I typed "Warhammer UK guild" in to google and your site was the first I found. Your website impressed me, as did the obvious work you've put in. The way I see it, if you put that much work in to advertising your guild, you have a guild worth joining.

How long you plan on playing WAR
I'm hoping that Warhammer Online will become my permanent MMO home. I enjoy the lore (having played the Warhammer paper 'n pencil RPG when I was younger) and I like the grittyness of the world. I just hope that the "kids" don't ruin it. Leet speek and "pwnage" has no place in the Warhammer universe.

Access to Ventrilo and a mic?
Yes, I have access to them and would use them for big PvE/RvR battles but I wouldn't use them when PvEing or just doing PQ's etc. Voice comms have their place but imho people shouldn't be forced to use them.

A personal statement - tell us about yourself (Note that this is a very important part of your application)
As mentioned before, I'm what many younger players would term a "Veteran" gamer (or old b@stard, depends on how polite they are feeling at the time Razz ). I don't think I'm exceptional, but I do think I have a keen tactical mind which alows me to adapt when things go pear shaped. As I've played many different games, I've got used to what people expect from certain character classes. I prefer to hit things with a meaty two hander, but I'm also prepared to get out my shield and put myself before my fellows.
I'm level headed, patient, fair and generous with my virtual posessions. I'm more likely to stand and fight, covering my fellows retreat, than to put someone between me and the danger. In other words I have a good mindset to play a tanking class. Which is what I intend to do.

Have you pre-ordered the WAR CE and will you be playing in the 'Open Beta' with us?
Yes, I have the CE pre-ordered with play.com and I'm hoping that the Open Beta will start this weekend! If the game is out on 18th September they have to release it soon else the OB will be pointless. So, if I'm selected to join Unleashed then I will be there, fighting by your side.

Computer specs and Internet connection
I have a Dell XPS i630 and Virgin Media VIP Cable Broadband (currently 20MB/Sec but will be raised to 50MB/Sec in the Autumn according the Virgin Media).

How to get in contact with you, preferably MSN
[b]Email me ont he email address I registered with or add me to msn on "the_uk_nitehawk@hawtmail.com".

Fakka
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 4
Class : Chosen or Black Orc
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

Chaos Chosen or Black Orc Application Empty Re: Chaos Chosen or Black Orc Application

Post  Firefly Fri Aug 08 2008, 15:53

sorry my friend but we have to turn you down. We are a hardcore guild that plays a good 12+ hours a day and you would seem to be more at home in a semi-hardcore guild with less hours Smile thank you for looking into UL
Firefly
Firefly
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Male Number of posts : 424
Class : Witch Elf
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down