Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Azure/Eradicate [ACCEPTED]

2 posters

Go down

Application - Azure/Eradicate [ACCEPTED] Empty Application - Azure/Eradicate [ACCEPTED]

Post  Eradicate Sat Mar 08 2008, 02:55

Hello there!
I sent in my application via mail but I thought I'd also post it here if anyone was bored waiting for WAR and wanted to read a wall of text to ease their boredom Wink.

Hello!

So I thought I'd start by just introducing myself (more into detail later in the application).

My name is Joel and I'm currently residing in the cold norths of Sweden.

Gaming Experience

I've been into computer games for a pretty long time, the first game I got was Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and it got me hooked, I loved the game and I still do. After a while I discovered the online gaming 'community' through CS, it was my first real online game and I loved the fact that you actually played against other people.
I played CS for a while but only casually since I was doing sports etc at the time so I never did any serious CS gaming. After playing that and getting extremely bored of doing the same old thing over and over again a friend of mine got me hooked on WoW.
Now this was my first MMORPG and I must say I was amazed. There was so much interacting with other people and it was a great improvement compared to CS where basicly the only thing people say to eachother is 'haxxor, lag, noob'. I fell in love with WoW mostly because of the social aspect of it, we were always a bunch of people sitting on vent talking and became as close you can get being internet-only friends. Lateron ofcourse I fell victim to the endless grinding that WoW is, I did every boss up to twin emperors in AQ40 and PvP'd untill rank 11 on my mage.
When BC came WoW just completely lost it's touch but I still continued playing because I had many friends there. Afterall we did have fun but I imagine we would have had as much fun playing with plastic dinosaurs since it wasn't the game itself that made us enjoy our time. I had 2 level 70 characters and 2 level 60 characters and I cleared up to Kael'Thas (TK) on a post-bc server. Finally I got the nerve to quit the game because the grind was just so boring, it was more like 'I have to raid' then 'I want to raid' and that was just the end of it.
PvP Experience:
Pre-BC: Rank 11 as a Mage
Post-BC: 2100 rating (2v2) 1900 rating (3v3) as a Rogue.
2000 rating (2v2) 1950 rating (3v3) 1850 rating (5v5) as a Warrior.
Please note that this was in the Vindication battlegroup where the top rated teams had 2300 rating and there were only ~20 teams over 2100.

Have you held any place of power in a guild?

Yes I have.
After BC was released I rerolled on a freshly created server (Sporeggar, RPPVP) because my friends wanted to try out the RP side of WoW (since the rest was getting really dull). I leveled up to 70 as horde first, playing a female orc rogue, I was in the "top" guild on that server but unfortunately it disbanded after a few months. The Horde:Alliance ratio on that server was something like 5:1 at the time so I decided it was time for a change.
I rolled an alliance warrior on the same server and once again hit level 70, this time was the same story, I got into one of the more succesfull guilds (PvE wise) and after a few weeks it died, I joined another succesfull guild and the same thing happened there, it was like a plague that spread around the server's guilds (mostly due to the fact that high ranked members of the guilds migrated to more popular realms). So me and my friends decided that we were going to put an end to it. We simply brought all the players we were good together and said: look, we're tired of all these guilds dying and people migrating so here's our suggestion, we all get together and form a guild. Two hours later Firefly (what a coinsidence) was formed. It was really successfull, we were the top alliance PvE guild second only to a horde guild (please note we started karazhan when they were on karathress (SSC). Untill I quit I was a raidleader and an officer in the guild (helping with things like posting news, monitoring the forums etc).

Why do I want to join Unleashed?

Well simply put it because I think Unleashed fits me very well. It's a hardcore guild that values teamplay alot, many times the hardcore guilds focus only on the game itself and not the social aspect of it. They get lost in their way and forget that the people around them. I love the idea of being in a hardcore guild that values teamplay and helping out the guild aswell as the realm alot. I really liked that you used the saying "we are as strong as our weakest link" which makes me confident that players will not be left behind like in many other guilds. The fact that you respect people and not judge people by their age, sex, or the colour of ones skin. I always say that the saying 'dont judge a book by it's cover' also goes for humans, because a 45 year old might be more immature than a 13 year old, I could use examples of gender and "race" but I won't go into that as it might come out wrong and I think you get my point by now.

What will I contribute to the guild?

I really hate these questions, mostly because they make you sound like such an egoistic bastard, I will try not to overdo it. In my own opinion I'm a social person, I enjoy sitting on vent just talking to people about everyday stuff, I think it's a great way of getting to know one another and it really tightens the guild as a group. I'm also not afraid of helping out people who're in need of help, be it a guild member that needs help with a public quest or a player that just started the game and is looking for tips. I also realize that in WAR it will be even more needed to help the people in your realm seeing as you fight alongside eachother (unlike WoW where almost all the PvP is instance based). I'm an active player, I think that with my activity I will learn the game mechanics fast and thus being able to help other players understand it aswell as being able to fulfill my own role better. I'm dedicated, I don't quit playing just because things arn't going my way at the moment.
If you have any questions please do ask and please keep in mind I'm not trying to brag here even though it may sound like it at times.

What playtimes do I have and for how long do I intend to play the game?

Well, I've always been commited to what I do on my spare time, be it going to the gym or playing a game (but not so that I forget that there are more important things in life, I am a no lifer nonetheless Wink ). As it looks now I will be able to play from 1700 GMT+1 to around 2400 on weekdays, on weekends it'll be alot more, unless it's christmas, easter, birthdays etc.
As for how long I intend to play the game I cannot say since I don't know for how long it will be playable, I will play it for as long as there's people to play it with, WAR is really my type of game and I really hope that it will last for a good while.

What race and class will I play in WAR?

At this very moment the Chaos Chosen is the most appealing character to me, cannot say for sure yet though as they havn't really released that much information on the career. As for now I'll say I'm going to play a Chaos Chosen. Yes, I do realize chosen are not like they are in the TT game (oh god I wish they were) and that in WAR they have a more defensive role. Having said that I will use my greatsword to smash in some pore humans head from time to time!

A little about myself

As said my name is Joel and I live in Sweden. I was born somewhere in a polar bear shed in the early 1990 (no we don't actually have polar bears for pets, unfortunately!). I grew up with my mother and just untill some years ago I was a lonely child (now I have a brother that's 4 and a sister that's 5). But I wouldn't say that it has made me spoiled. When I don't sit infront of the computer I enjoy hanging out with my friends (who doesn't), going to the gym, watching movies (good ones like V for Vendetta). I listen to music constantly, I won't say I listen to all sorts of music but I listen to everything from Bruce Springsteen to Dimmu Borgir. From time to time I enjoy reading a book (mostly conspiracy theory ones but also alot of fantasy, have read alot by Robert Jordan and David Eddings).

I have both Ventrilo and Teamspeak installed and a new headset is being bought in the coming week.

Well, I think that's it! (I know you're sighing in relief now, reader(s)).
I'm sorry if I went off track sometimes during this massive wall of text, I kinda do tend to get carried away and I do apologize for it. I also realize that I don't always answer the question straight forward and I do that because I think that it will help you understand me better as a person, instead of saying just "yes" I kind of tell my tale. Because in my opinion it's always nice to know what kind of person you're dealing with not only by them saying 'this is me' but also telling a bit of their tale.

I thank you for reading my application and I hope that I didn't cause your eyes to bleed too much, will be looking forward to your response, untill then.

- Azure/Eradicate

Can be contacted on:
Azure@live.se (Mail)
Joel_nasman@hotmail.com (MSN)
Vredaren (Skype)
In the #warhammeronline as Eradicate or Azure (IRC)
Eradicate
Eradicate
Chaos Knight
Chaos Knight

Male Number of posts : 462
Class : Magus
Registration date : 2008-03-08

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Application - Azure/Eradicate [ACCEPTED] Empty Re: Application - Azure/Eradicate [ACCEPTED]

Post  Ragtoof Sat Mar 08 2008, 15:55

wow...hope you get in mate ^_^
Ragtoof
Ragtoof
Liche Master
Liche Master

Male Number of posts : 729
Class : Choppa
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Application - Azure/Eradicate [ACCEPTED] Empty Re: Application - Azure/Eradicate [ACCEPTED]

Post  Eradicate Sat Mar 08 2008, 22:57

haha I know it's long, I copy pasted it into Word and saw it was 2 A4 pages <.< Anyway hope I didn't scare you off with the massive wall of text Wink

Thanks, I hope so too!
Eradicate
Eradicate
Chaos Knight
Chaos Knight

Male Number of posts : 462
Class : Magus
Registration date : 2008-03-08

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down