Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Brimstone, Goblin Shaman [Closed]

3 posters

Go down

Application - Brimstone, Goblin Shaman [Closed] Empty Application - Brimstone, Goblin Shaman [Closed]

Post  Brimstone Thu Aug 21 2008, 00:31

1. Character Information - Race, Class

I've played the beta for several months with my Goblin Shaman and plan for it to be my main focus. Tried and liked other classes as well, but the little gizzer really fits my play-style.

2. Playing Hours - The amount of hours per week you spend on (any game) and will this change for WAR?

I always spend at least 4 hours a day in gaming (console and PC alike) and it is really gonna be more when WAR starts. Lets say roughly 6 hours a day (42h per week)

3. Past Gaming Experience (Please note that we may ask questions about said game to check credibility)

A lot of MMO experience. Games worth mentioning: WoW (ofcorse) since I played it for the longest time (from launch till TBC expansion, bout 2 years). Was in a pretty popular guild (Immortal) on our server (Twilight Hammer, Alliance side). Was a very active raider and PvP-er with my main (mage). Stopped playing due to the lack of quality PvP back then and the fact that every raiding night started to look the same. Epix hunt. Meh! Last I played Age of Conan in Northern Alliance guild, Fury PvP server. Loved the game and the guild, but the lack of quality endgame content pushed me away. Its a shame that a MMO with such a great combat system and mix of classes sucks in PvP. Stopped playing several weeks ago, no point loging with your 80 main, since theres not much to do and where there is something to do, its either buggy or boring. Or both. Played DAoC for several months, but not really commited to it. It is a great game - with the introduction of RvR, great classes and lore, but the combat mechanics, so-so visuals and the quite unfriendly interaction got the best of me. I spent some time in Shadowbane, very interesting but quite unpopullar PvP oriented MMO. Never dug deep into it. Was in Oblivion guild there. Also played - Archlord online, Lineage II, Anarchy online, some EVE, City of Heroes, Cabal Online, Matrix online, Tabula Rasa. None of wich worth detailed mentioning though. Participated in WAR beta since the begining of May. Very familiar with the game mechanics and the class I want to play, so I must honestly say I'm experienced in WAR.

4. Past Guilds and if you have held any place of power in a Guild (any proof of this will greatly help)

Like I said - Immortal (WoW), Oblivion (Shadowbane), Northern Alliance (Age of Conan). Was WAR officer in Oblivion pre-beta, but the guild went too pro-oriented, a lot of people left and it was not a place I wanted to be. Was offered an officer spot in Immortal but refused, since I was already getting bored by the game.

5. How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild. I.e. Website help, helping players outside Unleashed etc.

Ingame you have a greatly devoted player, always willing to participate in guild activities when I have the time to spend. Outside I'm a forum troll (not sure if its a good quality or not cheers ) will be very active on the boards - supplying information, socializing and participating in the guild life.

6. Reasons for joining Unleashed

I am really not familiar with the guild from my MMO experience, but you caught my attention with: the good looking and functional website; the very strict and well put rules and terms; guild is fully devoted to WAR (I really got sick of multi-gaming guilds that never take a single game seriously); i will quote part of the overview "teamwork, commitement, hardcore, skilled and experienced". Thats what a guild should be like and I feel like I'm the player who can stand up for the challenge of delivering those.

7. How long you plan on playing WAR

Game looks great, especially with the latest beta updates that fixed the slow-poke combat system. I'm sure it will have a way better launch than AoC and will deliver way better than Funcom's game did (sheesh, WAR in beta looks far more finished and polished than AoC retail ever will). Really want to devote myself to a MMO at the moment and I think no other game deserves my money in the near future. So even if the game turns out to be not-that-good I'm surely sticking for at least a year.

8. Access to Ventrilo and a mic?

Yes. Familliar with Ventrilo. Have a mic ready.

9. A personal statement - tell us about yourself (Note that this is a very important part of your application)

Time to get personal Smile Name is Anton (Tony for friends). I'm 25 years old form Sofia, Bulgaria. Work part time in my father's company for printing machines. Make good money, have a cool job that requires me to be communicative, meet clients and socialize, instead of just stare at the office monitor all day waiting for the clock to hit 15:00. I also work in a local gaming media. First it was a gaming magazine, now we are getting it online. We are a bunch of nice fellas that love gaming and appreciate it as an entertainment industry no less than cinema, literature and music. I'm a reviewer there. Gamer for about 2 decades. In person I am verry friendly, open minded and communicative. I have degrees in management and economics, which has develloped some leadership skills in me, which I put to good use in my fields of work. I have absolutely no problem in following orders, since the world relies on hierarhy, and online gaming ain't an exception Smile

10. Have you pre-ordered the WAR CE and will you be playing in the 'Open Beta' with us?

I have pre-ordered the standard reatail version. Gonna play from the early access head start (it starts 28.08 i think).

11. Computer specs and Internet connection

Brand new machine. Core2Duo 2.00ghz, 2gb DDR2 ram, GF8600 GPU, 500GB HDD, 22" LCD, WinXP SP3. Beta runs smooth as hell. Also gonna play from time to time from my notebook, when there ain't much to do in the office or when gf is asleep and I have to use ventrilo Wink It has similar specs (the notebook, not my girlfriend ^^ ), only weaker GPU and win Vista.

12. How to get in contact with you, preferably MSN

You can contact me on these boards, via e-mail, ICQ:176906898 or Skype:doomakis. Unfortunately I dont have a MSN account, but will set up one if its necessary.

Sorry for the long application but I'm a game journalist, its in my blood Smile And I really prefere to leave less things unsaid. Thank you for spending the time in reading the application and hope to hear form you soon. Feel free to ask me any questions, will be happy to answer as soon as I see them. And even if I don't get accepted - have fun with WAR and hope to see you all ingame Smile

- Brimstone

Brimstone
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 5
Class : Goblin Shaman
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Application - Brimstone, Goblin Shaman [Closed] Empty Re: Application - Brimstone, Goblin Shaman [Closed]

Post  Firefly Thu Aug 21 2008, 19:06

what is your name in closed beta atm ?
Firefly
Firefly
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Male Number of posts : 424
Class : Witch Elf
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

Application - Brimstone, Goblin Shaman [Closed] Empty Re: Application - Brimstone, Goblin Shaman [Closed]

Post  Brimstone Fri Aug 22 2008, 01:17

The Shaman's name is Pliok, but I am mostly testing Order template classes atm, to see what I'll be facing Razz Loging evenings to do some RvR mostly, with the upcoming release I think I tested the beta enough and learned what I needed for myself so not very active these days.

Brimstone
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly Fri Aug 22 2008, 17:47

do you have an email then?
Firefly
Firefly
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Brimstone Fri Aug 22 2008, 19:07

Thought you could access it via my profile, sorry Embarassed

It's a.dishkov@gmail.com

Brimstone
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly Fri Aug 22 2008, 19:27

i have added you to msn
Firefly
Firefly
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Brimstone Sat Aug 23 2008, 13:06

Brimstone wrote:Unfortunately I dont have a MSN account, but will set up one if its necessary.

I've just set one up. Will be there most of the time today and almost the whole day tomorrow if you have any questions to ask me.

Brimstone
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Brimstone Sat Aug 30 2008, 00:47

Unfortunately I have to leave town until the 4th or 5th of september, due to some unpleasent circumstances. Sorry I wasn't able to meet up with the interviewers yesterday, as we discussed but it was an urgent matter and didn't even have time to leave you a notice.

You can deny my application or keep it on hold until I return but I certainly won't be able to use a lot of internet until my return. Sorry again, but it was out of my hands. Felt really well through the first part of the interview and will be a shame if I have just wasted your time but will see. Will post as soon as I'm back if there is still a spot.

Brimstone
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Transcendence Sat Aug 30 2008, 00:54

We shall close your application then for now. Goblin Shaman is pretty full, so chances of getting into Unleashed is quite small as Shaman.
Transcendence
Transcendence
Recruitment
Recruitment

Female Number of posts : 30
Class : Sorceress
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down