Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redafvir - Marauder/Undecided

2 posters

Go down

Redafvir - Marauder/Undecided Empty Redafvir - Marauder/Undecided

Post  Redafvir Fri Aug 15 2008, 01:42

App' Canceled: See below post. :D

Name: Lou
Hobbies: Writing, Gaming, Level Design
War Status: Closed beta since Aug 17, 2007

1. Character Information - Race, Class
Not fully confirmed yet, but enjoying Marauder a LOT (Savagery) and hope to stick with it.

2. Playing Hours - The amount of hours per week you spend on (any game) and will this change for WAR?
From September onwards my plans are unknown and it all falls on a variety of ifs and buts, but eitherway I'll be active enough. I'm Nocturnal by nature and raiding/PvPing until 2AM is a'okay with me.

3. Past Gaming Experience (Please note that we may ask questions about said game to check credibility)
Been playing games since I got my Commodore 64, though gems like Shining Force and Final Fantasy VII really hooked me later in my early teens. I could babble on but to jump to the useful stuff I was a WoW raider for a long time, and a PvE Shadowpriest (in the days of OMFG NEWB HEAL OMG FFS) before TBC and raided Ony/MC/BWL. I quit due to studies but came back in the expansion and got as far as the final bosses in Tempest Keep and SSC, her name escapes me, Lady Something. She had a pretty cool bridge, anyway. I mostly played WoW for the PvP and fell isntantly in love with the Arena, though I didn't bothing with an uber team, just rating 1870 or so with a friend. I understand MMO concepts such as CC, Aggro, Threat and in RvR I like to use all of my cunning (Today I used a lone goblin shaman as bait whilst I hid in the branches of a willow in Praag, in came the Witch Hunter and well, we raked his leaves, that's for sure).

Of course with the boss experience in WoW I also have lots of practice doing stuff to queue, stopping attacking when told, not stepping in fire, staying still in fire (Damn Karazhan boss), interrupting spellcasting, and generally following orders. My most recent raiding character was my 70 PvE-MS Warrior who I took through SSC, TK, Kara, ZA and pretty much every 5-man before I quit JUST after ZA was released, clutching onto my Jin'rokh as I left. In recent raids I almost never screwed up, though I still can't forget my first ever trial with an MC guild years ago when I pulled two Giants and wiped the raid... Then fell in Lava after corpse-running back.

To Summarise:
- MC: Cleared
- ZA/ZG: Cleared
- SSC: Last Boss
- BWL: Cleared
- Tempest Keep: Al'ar was a GREAT challenge, but hated the re-used graphics in this place. Got up until last boss, second phase before I quit.
- AQ40: Did a little messing around at 70, we got as far as that bastard slime who needs to be frozen. 4 Bosses? Can't rememmber.
- Kara: Cleared
- Gamon: Kited to Asheraza using Taunt, good fun.
- Level 60 World dragons: Cleared
- Both 70 World bosses, Kazzak and Doomwalkingthing: Cleared, though the doomwalker (sp) was hilairious, we nailed him with three guys left alive.

My favourite character was my Tier 2 shaman who I had back in the days of BWL, here he is saying hello. Say hello to the folks, remmington.

Redafvir - Marauder/Undecided HELLOUL
(I re-activated him to say this - and to AV a little in the 51-60 bracket for a laugh. 2k Chain Lightnings when the average HP for a 60er is around the 3k mark never gets old.)

The guild who helped me get t2 are now farming Black Temple, or by now they might have all broken up, it's been about a year since I spoke to anyone in it. EDIT: Actually I bet they'll be doing that Sunwell isle or whatever, I'm completely out of the WoW Clique these days.

4. Past Guilds and if you have held any place of power in a Guild (any proof of this will greatly help)
Closed Circle and Sub Rosa, no power though, was perfectly happy being a regular joe. I also ended up leading a ZG guild before TBC, though not volountarily. I got promoted to class leader in a newly formed guild because I was the only Warrior at 60, then Raid Officer because I was the only one, minus the leader who knew ZG. Then the next day (Day 2 of guild) I logged in to find the leader had deleted his character and promoted me to GL whilst I was AFK. The guild lasted about 3 days in total and was pretty much your Grade A crash and burn. Good times!

5. How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild. I.e. Website help, helping players outside Unleashed etc.
I'm generally helpful by nature and I'm used to running people through low-level instances for boss-loot as long as the company is good.

6. Reasons for joining Unleashed
I'm never good at this one. I guess because I want to make the most of my time in WAR and not repeat WoW when I made seven-hundred alts and got them all to 40 before realized I should have been outside in the sun knowing my one good character wasn't time wasted. I want to spend every moment in WAR helping others or doing something worthwile instead of just killing time. ;D

I also don't want to end up in an unfriendly, unhelpful and elitist guild held up by giant ePeen-filled Egos. Had quite a few problems with my final WoW guild due to people taking the game more seriously than real life, but on the whole they were a good lot and the tantrums over Vent every now and then made for interesting listening.

7. How long you plan on playing WAR
Well I played WoW for 2.5 years (Started on US servers) and Legend of Mir for close to 2, so as long as the game stays good and I still have funny, friendly people to spend my time ingame with. I'm hoping until the servers close down in the year 2525, if man is still alive of course.

8. Access to Ventrilo and a mic?
Not right now but I could at the drop of a hat.

9. A personal statement - tell us about yourself (Note that this is a very important part of your application)
Just a mellow english fellow with a love for gaming and a soft spot for wide-angled animals wearing silly hats. I don't take myself too seriously and I'm easy to get along with. I spend most of my time working on two top-secret indie game projects, if I get in I'm sure you'll be exposed to them once they gain speed. I'm addicted to cheesy B-movies and Mystery Science Theatre 3000. My favourite TV shows are QI, Family Guy, South Park, Jonathan Creek and various other stuff. I hope to get into the games idustry someday be it mapping or writing, but for now I'm happy living as a broke student with far too much time on his hands to play videogames with.

Favourite Games:
- Sam and Max: Hit the Road
- Half-life 2 and the subsequent tiny episodes
- Portal
- Final Fantasy VII (But pretty much no other square game)

10. Have you pre-ordered the WAR CE and will you be playing in the 'Open Beta' with us?
Money problems haven't allowed me to fork out the dough required for the CE but I'm in Closed Beta right now as TORGO, will be called Redafvir.

11. Computer specs and Internet connection
I built this rig myself so I should know the specs. Something like: 8800 Graphics card, 500GB HD, 2GB Ram, 3.2Ghz dual core or something. Made it about 6 months ago. I'm in 2MB 'net now but I will hopefully get 8MB (again, moved out of the 8mb area last month!) in Sept depending on where I end up.

12. How to get in contact with you, preferably MSN
I have an MSN, or "Torgo" ingame (War beta closed).

EDIT: Here are my WoW characters Armory pages. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sporeggar&n=Gamera (How annoying that I wasn't wearing my Jin'rokh when I quit!) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodfeather&n=Crowbar (Posing gear)

EDIT2: Oh, I forgot to mention, It was always my dream to be on forefront and make strategies for WoW Bosses but never got the chance to get into a front-line guild. As well as my ASWDing and DPS you can rest assured you'd have my tactical ideas and strategies, too. Though, if I'm not Hardcore enough I'll understand.

Take care,
Red

Last edited by Redafvir on Mon Aug 18 2008, 19:34; edited 9 times in total
Redafvir
Redafvir
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 2
Class : Marauder/Undecided
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Redafvir - Marauder/Undecided Empty Re: Redafvir - Marauder/Undecided

Post  Cain Fri Aug 15 2008, 03:54

Solid app man.. stick around and ill bug Firefly and the officers to take a look at it asap Wink

take care
Cain
Cain
Recruitment
Recruitment

Male Number of posts : 372
Class : Marauder
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Redafvir Mon Aug 18 2008, 19:35

UPDATE: I've decided to go order with a few friends and play more casual (Just a few hours a day at the most). I hope we all end up on the same server, will be nice to have a few friendly faces, even if they are gang-beating on me with sticks. Take care and best of luck - Red.
Redafvir
Redafvir
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 2
Class : Marauder/Undecided
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down