Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awe - Marauder Application

3 posters

Go down

Awe - Marauder Application Empty Awe - Marauder Application

Post  Rufa Sat Sep 27 2008, 06:41

Heya. Here follows my application to Unleashed. Warning: it turned out quite long..

1. Character Information - Race, class, name and current level.

Awe Vereor - Rank 25 Chaos Marauder RR 18

2. Playing Hours - The amount of hours per week you spend on (any game) and will this change for WAR?

I will play around 40-60 hours of WAR per week which would make my average/day around 7 hours a day. My available times are the following (please note that even though I may be available these times I do not play all the time. If I'm at home and not doing anything else I'll be on though).

Monday-Thursday: 15:00-01:00 (3:00 pm-1:00am) CET (Wednesdays I will be busy from 18:00-21:00 (6:00pm-9:00pm) CET because of choir).
Friday: From 16:00-looong nights.. (I guess my time of posting this is proof enough Razz).
Saturday-Sunday: These days are quite flexible, since I'm available all day I can't say for sure when I'll be playing but if I'm not doing anything special you'll see me on a lot in the weekends.

3. Past Gaming Experience (Please note that we may ask questions about said game to check credibility, and also add details about your experience in PvP/RvR and PvE)

My gaming began with the experience of Warcraft II and Starcraft. I was only a small kid but I loved it. I was also a big fan of Nintendo and I sure loved my N64. Moving on in life I picked up Diablo 2 which I played for about 4 years. There I did most stuff doable in the game learned a lot about online gaming RPGs such with stuff like guilds, trading, having a community within the game etc. I quit Diablo 2 when another game picked up my interest in early 2004. This game was World of Warcraft. From there on it was a long wait and I participated in stress test beta, korean open beta (anyone remember this Razz?) and open beta.

Once released I started to play a Troll Rogue. I had much to learn but it was great fun. After I hit around ~46 I decided to reroll a PvP server with some of my RL friends. I really liked the rogue class so I ended up with creating another one. Alth, the female orc rogue was born. I got her up to 60 and started to do some end-game instances such as MC, ZG and BWL. Since the game had already been up for quite a while there were already a good deal of people raiding and many guilds had progressed quite far so it was not that hard to get into a raiding guild. Around the time that AQ20 and AQ40 opened up their gates I decided to take a break from WoW and returned again after BC had been released. I quickly leveled up to 70 and did some Karazhan raiding. I was also quite active in PvP arenas but did not reach a very high ranking (around 1800-1900 max). After a while I succesfully started raiding Gruul, some Tempest Keep and a few bosses in Serpentshrine Cavern. I did not advance that far into BC raiding since again I decided to quit WAR. This time on undecided time.

Within the breaks I have played games such as Warcraft 3 (Dota) and Team Fortress 2. Both in which I was quite skilled. I never got into real competative 5v5 clan Dota but together with a RL mate I have won local night-gib tournaments in 2vs2 Dota several times. I still enjoy playing a game now and then with my friends.

4. Past Guilds and if you have held any place of power in a Guild (any proof of this will greatly help)

In the beginning of WoW (betas+release) I was part of a great mult-gaming clan named Daoine Sidhe. This was a clan with focus on the community and I had a lot of fun and good times in there. I left it when I rerolled another server.

After I rerolled and got to 60 I was in some different guilds where I experienced MC, ZG and BWL. I never raided very hardcore since school was eating my time at the moment, but I joined in when available and got to be there to kill almost all bosses.

At 70 in TBC I, together with some friends, started a guild called Nocturlum. I was raidleader and vice-GM in that one and we cleared Karazhan quite easily. After some time we migrated with another guild and formed Disable to start running 25-mans. I was one of the officers in Disable and we managed to Gruul's Lair and started out on SC and TK. The guild had some problems with activity and not enough players coming to raids and after a time I got tired of it and WoW as well so that's why I quit it.

In WAR I have been the guild master of Eclipse (as you should know :>). I had high hopes for it and it looked rather nice, but now my motivation and strength to keep running the guild have been dropping. Mainly because of my two RL friends who I created the guild with never got into WAR because of RL issues. In the end it did not happen as I wanted it to and I couldn't see me running the guild in end-game so I decided to rather disband now to avoid disappointing people later on.

5. How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild. I.e. Website help, helping players outside Unleashed etc.

Most of all you would get a commited community member. I'm an active community person, both inside my guild and outside it. As a part of that I'm a dedicated teamplayer. You would get a helpful and friendly member who never hestitates to have some fun together. Furthermore I also have guild management experience and along with that some website+graphic skill/experience (Photoshop, html+css, some php, seting up all kinds of forum/cms systems). Here's a sample of a sketch of the never released new Eclipse logo/banner that I created: http://eclipse-war.com/privpic/eclogo/EclipseLogo12.png / http://eclipse-war.com/privpic/eclogo/EclipseLogo3.png / http://eclipse-war.com/privpic/eclogo/EclipseLogo1.png (different variations of the same logo/banner).

I also consider myself a "looking-it-up" kind of guy. I'm a person who you can always ask about stuff. If I'm not already updated about it I usually look it up on the net in a few seconds. An "ability" which is quite abused by my closest friends Razz. I dunno how I evolved this habit, but I learn a lot from it so I'm not complaining Smile.

6. Reasons for joining Unleashed

As I described above I'm disbanding and leaving Eclipse. I wish to join a nice and dedicated guild with good leadership and great members. I know for sure that Unleashed are all that. I've been in touch with you for quite a long time, not as an applicant but as a fellow guild leader so I already know many of your members through IRC etc. I believe that Unleashed would fit me very well since it is a very active community and the community itself is very important to me.

7. How do you feel about WAR and how long you plan on playing it?

I just love the game and I plan to keep playing it a long time. There is just so much to do and I'm not doubting that Mythic will keep on improving it to make it one of the greatest games ever.

8. Access to Ventrilo and a mic?

Yes and yes.

9. A personal statement - tell us about yourself (Note that this is a very important part of your application)

My name is Ruben and I'm an 18-years-old guy living in Stockholm, Sweden. I currently go to my third and last year at Swedish high scool Kungsholmens Gymnasium where I study a special program that consists of natural science and choir. I've been singing since fourth grade and it's a dear hobby of mine. Apart from the choir in school I also go to a male choir on Wednesdays which I enjoy a lot. Along with singing I also enjoy hanging out with friends, playing badminton and, of course, gaming Smile. My life is quite centered around music and I listen to all kinds of genres. For me it's all about the song/artist. I don't prejudge a song because of its genre and generally dislike people who do, I rather listen it judge individually. Of course I still do have my own favorite genres which I mostly listen to, at the moment electro, house, rock.

My liberal attitude towards music genres probably derives from me having a rather calm attitude. I'm not the guy who get upset for nothing or start to whine because I just got killed or something didn't work out as I wanted it to.

As I stated earlier I'm also a guy who loves the community part of games and according to me it's hard to find anything more fun than having a great time together in-game, be it chat, ventrilo or just owning a scenario. All in all I'm a positive guy who usually can find something good/funny in every situation Smile.

Currently I spend most of my spare time on gaming when I'm not doing stuff with my friends, and since my schedule this year is kinda soft I have a lot of spare time.

10. Computer specs and Internet connection

My current spec is not too much to brag about, but I hope that's ok. I can run WAR rather smoothly on low settings but can experience some lag now and then. I'm saving money for a new system which will be able to handle WAR with no hassle at all.

Current computer:
Intel Core 2 Duo E5200 (2.5GHz/core)
2GB DDR2 RAM
ATI X1950PRO graphic card
+other parts (not that relevant to gaming performance)

My new (coming) computer:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3GHz/core - gonna clock to ~3,5GHz+)
4GB DDR2 RAM
ATI HD4870 Graphic card
+other parts (not that relevant to gaming performance)

Internet connection:
100/100mbit OwnIT fiber connection.

That was all. Thank you for your time </wall of text>

Yours truly
Awe

Ps. almost caught the 1000nd post in app forum Razz

Rufa
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 3
Class : Marauder
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Awe - Marauder Application Empty Re: Awe - Marauder Application

Post  Rufa Sat Sep 27 2008, 18:17

Update, rank 26 RR 19.

If you want to know anything else don't hesitate to ask Smile

Rufa
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly Sun Sep 28 2008, 01:10

Im sure flesh will get right to you Wink
Firefly
Firefly
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Male Number of posts : 424
Class : Witch Elf
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

Awe - Marauder Application Empty Hey

Post  Fleshtuh Sun Sep 28 2008, 14:18

at this current present we full of marauders. contact me in 1 weeks time.

Fleshtuh
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Rufa Sun Sep 28 2008, 17:20

Fleshtuh wrote:at this current present we full of marauders. contact me in 1 weeks time.

Aw, that's too bad. Well, will do!

Rufa
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Awe - Marauder Application Empty hi

Post  Fleshtuh Mon Sep 29 2008, 19:40

accepted

Fleshtuh