Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toddski - Marauder

Go down

Toddski - Marauder Empty Toddski - Marauder

Post  Toddski_ Sun Aug 24 2008, 16:46

1. Character Information - Race, Class

Toddski, Marauder.
I've been reading and watching videos for a few weeks now, and have a decent knowledge of the class so far even without having touched WAR.
My build is likely to be a heavy savagery build with either monstrosity or brutality on the side. This is due to the great debuffs you get with savagery (-75% healing on target, -75% armor) which will be excellent for aiding in bringing down those going after my teams healers. I'm not sure what my side mastery will be as monstrosity offers good AoE abilities and Brutality offers good single target DPS, I'm one of those people who min/maxes gear and tests builds a lot in order to create the best character possible for my playstyle.

2. Playing Hours - The amount of hours per week you spend on (any game) and will this change for WAR?

Up untill a few weeks ago I was playing AoC for around 12 hours a day due to holidays from college, I expect to play WAR for around 7 hours a day on weekdays (17:00 - 00:00 GMT) and more on weekends (14:00 - 02:00 ~) due to college starting again mid september. I would say 7 hours is the minimum, there will be days where I don't have college etc.

3. Past Gaming Experience (Please note that we may ask questions about said game to check credibility)

Played WoW from release up until TBC on Bladefist/Outland (as a rogue and mage) and Haumarush (as a fury warrior).
I played as a rogue for a year or so, then a fury warrior on Haumarush. I eventally switched back to outland where I played a mage for a short while attaining rank 13. I ended up quitting WoW because the game got stale, with no real open large scale PvP with consequences and the introduction of yet more small scale PvP (arenas).
PvE wise I server firsted MC & BWL (woohoo) but left that side of the game due to it being too repetitive.

Picked up AoC at launch and had high expectations since it seemed like it would be "the" next PvP game. I played a Bear Shaman and the group I roamed with generally ruled 6v6 encounters. While the PvP was fun the rest of the game left alot to be desired and with little to do at 80. The guild I was in was the first with a battlekeep and also took PvE server firsts in T1 content (we quit as soon as T2 content came due to PvE being dire.)

Apart from that I've also played various games such as Quake4 and the Call of Duty series in various online leagues. I'm a very competitive person by nature and love getting one over on my "enemy".

4. Past Guilds and if you have held any place of power in a Guild (any proof of this will greatly help)

Desterion/Desterignome // - Transcendence, Flawed, Callous - Bladefist/Outland EU WoW.
Yuitsin // - Carpe Diem, Grammerpolice - Haumarush EU WoW. Raid leader in Carpe Diem (can't prove this, was years ago)
Toddski // - Serverpolice - Soulstorm EU AoC.

5. How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild. I.e. Website help, helping players outside Unleashed etc.

I will uphold the honour of Unleashed, I will be committed to help make the guild the servers number one guild. I don't really bring much in terms of helping with administration (though I can) as I'd rather concentrate on simply playing my class to it's full potential and excelling in group PvP.

6. Reasons for joining Unleashed

You seem like you have a good setup in terms of member base and your posts in your recruitment thread on the WA forums seemed nice enough. I want to play among the servers best since I very much enjoy the competition between guilds and the top players. Unleashed also seems like it will have a very activity, something that I crave since I am heavily addicted to computer games and like to spend alot of my free time on them.

7. How long you plan on playing WAR

As long as the game doesn't flop and there is good competition on the server then I'm sure I'll play for a number of years. WoW got me hooked on MMO's, I'm just looking for something really good to play - and I think WAR is it.

8. Access to Ventrilo and a mic?

Yes I have vent mix and a microphone so no problem there, I have the common sense of knowing when it is important not to talk, but I do enjoy being sociable with people Smile

9. A personal statement - tell us about yourself (Note that this is a very important part of your application)

I'm Toddy, 20 year old "man" from the Isle of Wight. My life consists of music and video games.
I am about to start my second year doing A level music at college and will probably end up attending university afterwards. I have played the drums for about 9 years now, and in the past few years have got heavily into music production, specifically electronic dance music like Dubstep and Drum n Bass. Apart from that I also play drums in a variety of bands ranging from death metal to jazz.
My other main interest is online gaming. I have got into the trend over the past few years of playing one game at a time and this will be the same with WAR. I am a very dedicated and reliable person, when I say I will do something I mean it, I'm someone you can count on and I can also be caring when needed Razz

10. Have you pre-ordered the WAR CE and will you be playing in the 'Open Beta' with us?

Yes I have a head start / open beta code, the wait is very annoying though Wink

11. Computer specs and Internet connection

Quad Core, Decent mobo, 9600 GT, 4GB ram - It ran AoC fine so I expect WAR to be a breeze.
8MB BT, have had no problems with connectivity so far.

12. How to get in contact with you, preferably MSN Rolling Eyes

I'm in your IRC channel at all times and my MSN is kingtodd@hotmail.co.uk
p.s. I tried registering as Toddski but I never received the registration code.

Toddski_

Back to top Go down