Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Choppa/Zealot application

+6
Ryanous
Quietus
Cripling
Gromit83
Olthrion
Nedm
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Choppa/Zealot application Empty Choppa/Zealot application

Post  Cripling Tue Jul 01 2008, 15:35

Hello, I'm Cripling, a WAR fanatic, since open beta is soon to come, I want to find a guild not only for open beta but for the initial game release aswell!

Reason why I wrote Choppa/Zealot: This is because I feel that both of these careers are extremely interesting for my and makinga choice between them would kill me, I'll let open beta information let me decide, so don't think of me as orange nor yellow, more of a orangeyellow mix of possibilities.

With that explained, with no further redo shall my application come forth;

Character info: My character name will be Cripling, I'll either play Choppa (greenskin) or a Zealot (chaos).

Playtime: While I seriously played WoW it could easily go up to 50-70 hours a week, but since I don't play anymore it might go 10-20 hours to private server gameplay (to feed the addiction). My gaming hours will definitely go up when WAR comes out, to 50-60 hours a week (probably more) of awesome RvR!

Gaming Experience: Frankly, I'm a WoW fag, the only other MMO other than WoW I've played is Runescape.. I played an active mage in a PvE guild, got incredibly bored and started doing arena which was also very boring with the elitist community and cookie cutter builds I was ultimately forced to specc if I wanted to be effective. I'm in love with larger scale battles and this is one of the main attractions the theme park of Warhammer has to offer me.

Past guilds: Most of the guilds I've been in are now disbanded, but I can still think of one that is still up, that guild was the latest guild I was in until I quit WoW, named supreme. I did NOT have any upper power, the only thing I had then was bad spelling and a bad attitude, which has greatly changed since I left that guild.

How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild. I.e. Website help, helping players outside Unleashed etc: I cannot really think of anything when it comes to websites, since I suck on that. I'll be the good spirit everyone can take part of whenever they are having a rough time, I'll help people who are lost within understanding of this wonderful game. Though I can be a douche to people with bad attitudes and those who spell bad on purpose. Other then that I can't think of any other contributions other then a player who loves this game and it's community.

Reasons for joining Unleashed: An in-game community is awesome in every game, getting friends and having fun with people throughout any game is something I crave, I want to be hardcore, I want to be amongst the best, but I want to show that even though I am amongst the "better" that I am not an elitist that brags about my achievements (unless I might be joking).
This guild has what I need, and it's destruction too!
And this whole living guild system is just the icing on the cake when it comes to guilds. I'm very happy to have found this guild, as I am very vigilant on who I actually choose spend the time and effort applying for.

How long you plan on playing WAR: Until it gets bad or something terrible happens IRL.

Cripling

Back to top Go down

Choppa/Zealot application Empty Re: Choppa/Zealot application

Post  Cripling Tue Jul 01 2008, 15:36

Gosh, I am sorry, I accidentally pressed post, I will fill it out right now.

Cripling

Back to top Go down

Post  Nedm Tue Jul 01 2008, 15:57

its fine just edit your application :p
Nedm
Nedm
Black Guard
Black Guard

Male Number of posts : 295
Class : Chaos Magus
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Olthrion Tue Jul 01 2008, 15:59

I will wait and see when you fill out the rest, ventrilo, personal, CE, computer, contact etc.
Also since you mainly played WoW and since we will ask you this anyway if it goes to an interview. Talk a little more about your experience and what you did in PvP and PvE.
Olthrion
Olthrion
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 696
Class : Disciple of Khaine
Registration date : 2008-02-06

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ccriplin Tue Jul 01 2008, 16:13

Experience from WoW: I mostly raided on my mage, TK and SSC and everything below, full KZ and gruul. I did 2v2 with a disc priest with me as fire and we hit 1900 rating, he then switched server and the 2v2 eventually got disbanded sadly enough. This was around the time I didn't play much at all and had to lie to my guild and didn't want to say that I was quitting. But yes I was a fire mage, I loved fire and despised frost as I didn't want a pet Wink. I tried out for most PvE raids but I was never really there on kill runs and in the end I was outgeared and didn't get spots for raids anymore..

Access to Ventrilo and a mic?: Yes I got ventrilo and a mic.

A personal statement - tell us about yourself: My name is Michael and I am from Sweden, I'm 17 y/o and I'm currently studying maths with computer science as a side note. I play MMORPGs on most of my sparetime, if I'm not, I'm either reading manga as I love so much, or either watching adult comedy cartoons (familyguy, southpark etc.)
I tended to be immature over the internet because I could be, but it has changed over time to the better. I used to like dancing (street) but it hasn't really started kicking in yet (lol).

Have you pre-ordered the WAR CE and will you be playing in the 'Open Beta' with us?: No I have not, since the only store in sweden that I know of that sells these (webhallen) are out.
And I'm not ready to pay some internet store only for the codes, nor do I trust them and nor do I have an creditcard (parents don't either).
So until this store re-stocks on codes I just have to rely on me getting invited T.T

Computer specs and Internet connection
I got an ethernet connection with 10 mb/s. From a swedish company called TDC.

Specs (copied from DxDiag)
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/28/2008, 12:32:44
Machine name: BJÖRN-DATOR
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840)
Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dell XPS420
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A04
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 3326MB RAM
Page File: 1342MB used, 5510MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8800 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0611&SUBSYS_053C10DE&REV_A2
Display Memory: 1883 MB
Dedicated Memory: 477 MB
Shared Memory: 1405 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: SyncMaster 2232BW/2232GW/2232GW Plus,SyncMaster Magic CX2232GW(Digital)
Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver Version: 7.15.0011.6925 (English)
DDI Version: 10
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 12/12/2007 01:06:00, 5263360 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4551-11CF-6368-372502C2CA35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0611
SubSys ID: 0x053C10DE
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C ModeVC1_B ModeWMV9_B ModeVC1_A ModeWMV9_A
Deinterlace Caps: (this one was really long)
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled

How to get in contact with you, preferably MSN: MSN: outcast_andre@hotmail.com

Ccriplin

Back to top Go down

Post  Olthrion Tue Jul 01 2008, 16:24

That was rather detailed information about your computer Smile

I thank you for your information and I have now put you on pending, which means we will review the application and get back to you as soon as possible.
Please feel free to look around in our website, forum and irc-channel, talk with our members if you wish.
Olthrion
Olthrion
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gromit83 Tue Jul 01 2008, 17:24

Hello Michael, good luck with your application.
Conserning the open beta acess that is not completly correct. Actually I think Sweden is one of the easiest places in Europe to get beta acess. All of the 4 onlinestores that sold the collectors edition are sold out, but there should be numerous of gamestores still selling either the collectors edition, or just the open beta acess.
So go hunting!
Gromit83
Gromit83
Beastman
Beastman

Male Number of posts : 174
Class : Zealot
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Nedm Tue Jul 01 2008, 17:51

with all this computer information I will destroy the world Muhahaha!
Nedm
Nedm
Black Guard
Black Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cripling Tue Jul 01 2008, 22:34

Nedm wrote:with all this computer information I will destroy the world Muhahaha!
Just try.. you shall fail miserably clown

Cripling
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 15
Class : Choppa
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Cripling Tue Jul 01 2008, 22:48

Gromit83 wrote:Hello Michael, good luck with your application.
Conserning the open beta acess that is not completly correct. Actually I think Sweden is one of the easiest places in Europe to get beta acess. All of the 4 onlinestores that sold the collectors edition are sold out, but there should be numerous of gamestores still selling either the collectors edition, or just the open beta acess.
So go hunting!
Gromit, today while buying some shoes (that's way to white) I checked every electronics store in that area, about 9 stores with big swedish store chains, none of them had it, I shall be paying a visit to EB-games and GAME tomorrow though, hoping that I'll be lucky ^^

Cripling
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietus Tue Jul 01 2008, 23:55

im curious to why you have chosen a healer or melee dps when your main experience is as ranged dps? (curiosity not critisism) I just want to point out that the choppa will be a very hard class to get into without good raiding xp as a melee dps chr, so if you have that experience it would probably be good to put it in your ap. that being said i wish you good luck in your application.
Quietus
Quietus
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave

Male Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Cripling Wed Jul 02 2008, 00:20

Quietus wrote:im curious to why you have chosen a healer or melee dps when your main experience is as ranged dps? (curiosity not critisism) I just want to point out that the choppa will be a very hard class to get into without good raiding xp as a melee dps chr, so if you have that experience it would probably be good to put it in your ap. that being said i wish you good luck in your application.
Well, I've always tended to play a ranged class, but since everything about the regular MMO has been changed in WAR, heck why can't I change too I thought.
I've played a rogue on WoW PTR servers and in a PvE aspect it's not hard at all to play, specc swords and have SnD 3cp, Rupture 5cp rotation up and I do wicked damage. I'm good with LoS from arena experience.
I play a disc priest on the private server I play on atm, it is very fun to be able to deal sustained damage but keep up a good heal, the zealot mirrors this playstyle perfectly for me and frankly it seems way cooler then the goblin shaman Smile.

If I had to choose an ranged class it would probably be squig hearder though, since those squigs seem so damn cool.

It is just way to hard for me to decide when I have way to little information to go after, this is why when the NDA is lifted and all the videos will come pouring out (or I might actually play in it) that is the time when I will make my final decision.

EDIT: How can you say that it will be a hard class to play when there is nearly no info about the choppa gameplay :S?

Cripling
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietus Wed Jul 02 2008, 00:27

Thats perfectly understandable m8, Its last spot for choppa in the guild so i just thought it only fair that i warn you that experience will be a factor.
Quietus
Quietus
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave

Male Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Cripling Wed Jul 02 2008, 00:36

Quietus wrote:Thats perfectly understandable m8, Its last spot for choppa in the guild so i just thought it only fair that i warn you that experience will be a factor.
Eek, good to know dat.
Btw, for people who actually read the whole app and said "hey acc says 16 but he wrote 17", birthday is 21th August, so I consider myself 17 Razz

Cripling
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Nedm Wed Jul 02 2008, 09:44

Quietus wrote:Thats perfectly understandable m8, Its last spot for choppa in the guild so i just thought it only fair that i warn you that experience will be a factor.

its the last spot for zealot to aint it?
Nedm
Nedm
Black Guard
Black Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Olthrion Wed Jul 02 2008, 13:46

Olthrion
Olthrion
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryanous Wed Jul 02 2008, 14:20

No as far as i know we only have 2 zealots so far and there's 4 spots for zealot.
Ryanous
Ryanous
Marauder
Marauder

Male Number of posts : 121
Class : Chaos Zealot
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Nedm Wed Jul 02 2008, 15:29

ah ok cool Smile
Nedm
Nedm
Black Guard
Black Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cripling Wed Jul 02 2008, 16:18

Update on the CE hunt: GAME and the ebgames I was at had it, but no beta-keys, do you still get the 3 day headstart from the CE even though you don't got open beta key?

Cripling
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelmeri Wed Jul 02 2008, 16:52

Cripling wrote:Update on the CE hunt: GAME and the ebgames I was at had it, but no beta-keys, do you still get the 3 day headstart from the CE even though you don't got open beta key?

I was under the impression that all Collectors editions would have the open beta keys with them, I'm thinking the GAME employees are going to be enjoying themselves on some unsuspecting persons BETA codes perhaps Wink
Kelmeri
Kelmeri
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave

Male Number of posts : 72
Class : Witch Elf
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Cain Wed Jul 02 2008, 16:53

Only with the Pre Order-Box do you get access to the OB and a 3 day headstart.. sorry Sad
Cain
Cain
Recruitment
Recruitment

Male Number of posts : 372
Class : Marauder
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Gromit83 Wed Jul 02 2008, 17:11

Game and EB was the one I was reffering to, here in Malmö I´m pretty sure they still have them.
None of the bigger stores (elgianten etc.) have them though.
If you go in to one maybe you can ask them to phone around to different towns and see if they can order one for you. I have a hard time thinking that it should be all out in all of Sweden.

Considering the CE that is quite strange, as one of the reasons for buying CE is to get the OB and headstart.
Though, as they have been selling the OB and headstart seperate in thoose stores (though there are no such combinations from Mythic), they might very well have taken the preorder boxes from the CE´s and sold them.
Gromit83
Gromit83
Beastman
Beastman

Male Number of posts : 174
Class : Zealot
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Cripling Thu Jul 03 2008, 14:35

Gromit83 wrote:Game and EB was the one I was reffering to, here in Malmö I´m pretty sure they still have them.
None of the bigger stores (elgianten etc.) have them though.
If you go in to one maybe you can ask them to phone around to different towns and see if they can order one for you. I have a hard time thinking that it should be all out in all of Sweden.

Considering the CE that is quite strange, as one of the reasons for buying CE is to get the OB and headstart.
Though, as they have been selling the OB and headstart seperate in thoose stores (though there are no such combinations from Mythic), they might very well have taken the preorder boxes from the CE´s and sold them.
I got the beta code! Very Happy

Cripling
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  RedEyezz Sat Jul 19 2008, 20:48

what u gonna do since the Choppa is gone from WAR?
http://www.war-europe.com/#/careershp/?lang=en
RedEyezz
RedEyezz
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 13
Class : BlackOrc
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post  RedEyezz Sat Jul 19 2008, 20:49

I'm pretty sad about it but they have their reasons Sad