Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Malleus -- DENIED

+3
Olthrion
Cain
Malleus
7 posters

Go down

Application - Malleus -- DENIED Empty Application - Malleus -- DENIED

Post  Malleus Tue Jun 24 2008, 05:53

Character Information - Race, Class

The Chaos Marauder; he is to my World of Warcraft rogue as a mace to a fist, capable of a similar task but to a much greater degree. Marauder I am, Marauder I shall be.

Though my primary WoW experience is that of a Warlock, I've selected the Marauder as my chosen career: I'll explain this during Past Gaming Experience.

Playing Hours - The amount of hours per week you spend on (any game) and will this change for WAR?

I'm essentially available every weekday from ~2:50 to 10:30, and all day on weekends, unless I'm spending the day with a friend or suchlike. Homework never interferes with my gaming, it's generally completely trivial.

Past Gaming Experience (Please note that we may ask questions about said game to check credibility)

Three years as a World of Warcraft player. Though I last played a new rogue, having moved to Germany from the United States a year ago (and having therefore purchased a British copy of the game), my two main classes while I lived in America were the Hunter and the Warlock. My Warlock was Challenger-rated; I was well-known for being a member of one of the only high-rated Warlock/Mage 2v2 teams (pre-2.2, when dual-caster was purest idiocy for competitive play). My Mage friend was ridiculously skilled, Vurtnesque, but I rather feel I contributed my share of our victories (footnote: this may simply be due to Warlocks being imbalanced at the time. He never could beat me in duels, either; I put it down to class. He really was insanely good - had I played my Hunter in PvP, I'd probably have been mercilessly raped). We started our team the moment we dinged 70 (almost simultaneously), and were beating (unskilled) Merciless players in greens mere hours later; I vividly recall a particularly ridiculous combo, a full-Merc BM hunter + resto shaman. Scores for my 2v2 hovered around the 2k mark, perhaps slightly less, perhaps slightly more (bear in mind, this was all pre-patch); we played on a somewhat smaller server, and our class combo was certainly non-standard. Had my friend been a druid, our score would likely have been higher. I also constituted a part of successful 3v3 and 5v5 teams, but my focus and what fame I had stemmed from 2v2. It's fairly safe to say that I led about 90% of the battlegrounds I joined, particularly EotS (less so in AB, I never liked AB), and my personal world PvP record was a 5v1 at level 60 on my warlock in the Hellfire Peninsula; I jumped a 5-man Ramps group and killed four of them, the last one dying to my DoTs shortly after my death.

My Hunter, on the other hand, was employed primarily in PvE; I was a fairly standard raider by all accounts. My only noteworthy accomplishments as my Hunter are various instance soloes; I was doing most old-school instances solo once I was four or five levels above the average, for example, and could solo nearly every world boss one encountered in Outland without effort. Nothing particularly relevant or pertinent here, really; merely mentioning it as an aside. I never really progressed past or even through Tempest Keep, simply didn't care enough about stultifying WoW grindfest raiding. Fortunately, WAR's promising to revitalize PvE, and I'm raring to give it another go - hopefully with you as guildmates!

My Rogue was my newest venture. I can't prove anything here, I'm afraid, having ceased playing WoW, but I assure you: I'm every bit as good a Rogue as I was a Warlock, and I intend to apply what skill I have to my Marauder. I'll gladly prove it once open beta's here. Above all, I've simply fallen in love with the premise and the lore of the Marauder as a whole - I firmly believe that I possess the requisite skill to do the career justice, and I'll display it willingly.

Overall, I view myself and have been viewed as a hardcore PvP player; World of Warcraft having degenerated into what it is today, Warhammer Online is PvP's ambrosia. The lore, too, greatly appeals to me, as I've become rather a lore buff since I began to play Dawn of War.

Please, confirm my credibility, do - I'll answer anything, and I promise I won't resort to Google! I have a photographic memory, by the way - hell, I can sketch you a leveling guide from recall, if that's what you desire.

Past Guilds and if you have held any place of power in a Guild (any proof of this will greatly help)

Ah, guilds. As I previously wrote, I was never a particularly outstanding raider; though I have plenty of experience as a coordinator, and have led projects from Freelancer clans (more on this later) to Oblivion mod efforts, I never held a post of pertinence in a serious raiding guild. I'd generally become an officer extraordinarily quickly in the various guilds I'd join while leveling (rolled a dwarf rogue on Stormscale EU several months ago, joined a twenty-man bit leveling guild, and transformed it into the largest leveling guild of the server in a week - quite pleased with this, though everyone seemed to speak only Swedish), but never had the dedication to apply myself to raid-guild managing. PvP was always far more engrossing.

As to proof, can't do that here, I'm sorry to say - I've long been taken off any of my U.S. rosters. The leveling guild on Stormscale I mentioned was called Alts Chilling (not my choice of name!), but it's unfortunately been disbanded.

How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild. I.e. Website help, helping players outside Unleashed etc.

Inside the guild, I'll, of course, RvR extensively and practically exclusively - as I said, I view myself as a hardcore player, an assertion which I shall, if course, endeavor to prove once the open beta rolls around. Outside of the guild, I won't be capable of, say, managing websites - I play computer games, I dislike tinkering with applications - but I'll gladly assist my hopefully-fellow-guildmates with whatever I can, within the guild and the game and beyond. I'm enthusiastic and most willing to coordinate, if such would be required - always enjoyed practicing tactics, even if they had remarkably little application in WoW. Heh, years ago, when I was playing Starswath, my very first 60 (human mage), I got invited to my first serious PvP guild due to my directing of an AV PuG, back in the days when the Alliance got steamrolled no matter what.

Reasons for joining Unleashed

Very simple - I'm looking for a properly serious, engaged, dedicated and hardcore RvR guild to dominate the competition with from the beginning on. No delays with advancement as I suffered in WoW for me this time (early days, I'd drift from guild to guild for months - my gearing suffered). This time, I'm in it to win it.

How long you plan on playing WAR

Indefinitely. I'm a great fan of Warhammer lore, the game itself easily shatters any competition - I highly doubt I'll stop playing for many years to come.

Access to Ventrilo and a mic?

Yup.

A personal statement - tell us about yourself (Note that this is a very important part of your application)

Hi, I'm David, and am from the United States, though I'm currently living in Germany. I turned fifteen last Sunday, and am in eleventh grade. I was once a passionate WoW player, primary classes being Warlock and Hunter (Rogue, more recently), and dedicated myself fully to PvP over the course of my three years' playtime. I'm currently playing Dawn of War: Soulstorm. I'm not yet particularly good at RTS gaming, having never attempted it before, but am improving; my main race is Ork. I've played many games over the years, ranging from Oblivion to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to UT: one of the gaming accomplishments I'm most proud of is that I rank(ed) as one of the best Freelancer players in the world (Freelancer being my all-time favorite game, pity no sequel was ever made; best underrated game ever). As Black Dog, I was unstoppable in an Eagle or in a Patriot (one of the game's earliest dogfighters, incredibly agile; I'd taken out Titans, the game's heaviest spacecraft, with them). I've run my own Freelancer clan and have participated in various others, the now-defunct Phoenix Mod (phoenix-rpg.ca) being the most unique example. I'm an amateur writer; I haven't had anything published, as I haven't sent anything in, even to newspapers, but I've written the stories for one or two Oblivion mods.

I'm taking either English, chemistry and physics or English, history and religion next year - I have yet to decide (math and German are obligatory). I'm a staunch atheist and have written articles to the effect, purely online to date; religion class appeals to me as a source of endless amusement. I currently have no girlfriend. I left my first and to date only one behind in America and simply can't bring myself to give a shit, here in Germany. I play basketball in a team (I'm ~2 meters in height), and enjoy soccer, field hockey and swimming, although I'm not nearly good enough to be competitive at any of the last three. I'm not quite the geek I may initially seem - I'm actually rather extroverted, though Germany's made me somewhat listless, and I'm looking forward to meeting you guys ingame. If you can tolerate my occasional cynicism, this ought to be fun.

Please don't hold my age against me - I'm hardly incompetent. Overall, I feel I'd really enjoy RvR with you lot; would be awesome to have a statue alongside you when WAR rolls around.

Have you pre-ordered the WAR CE and will you be playing in the 'Open Beta' with us?

Yup and yup.

Computer specs and Internet connection

Windows XP (pleased with this, I despise Vista), AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, 201 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7800. As I just turned fifteen, I'm swimming in money (rich grandparents) and will buy a brand-new rig within the next month. However, I do possess the world's best mouse, the Razer Lachesis.

Having read a denied application that suggests that the candidate's Internet was too slow for competitive play, I'd like to assure you that I never lag, ever; if I disconnect, it's because a tree fell on my modem.

How to get in contact with you, preferably MSN

Contact me via my AOL account (dmeyerlind@aol.com) or via my MSN account (dmeyerlind@hotmail.com).

(Apologies for the extensive text! If I sound arrogant or pretentious at any particular point, I do apologize - I'm merely trying to give an accurate resume of my past gaming exploits. One wants to have one's application accepted, after all! Should anything read dubious, I'll change it.)

Last edited by Firefly on Sun Jun 29 2008, 14:45; edited 16 times in total (Reason for editing : Comprehension)
Malleus
Malleus
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 14
Class : Marauder
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Application - Malleus -- DENIED Empty Re: Application - Malleus -- DENIED

Post  Cain Tue Jun 24 2008, 06:57

Good luck mate.. very neat app Smile

you studying in germany atm or.. why are you there? Very Happy
And dont worry about your age.. it's generally not an issue hehe Wink
Cain
Cain
Recruitment
Recruitment

Male Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Olthrion Tue Jun 24 2008, 07:08

Thank you for your application.
I have moved over your application to our pending list so we will get back to you as soon as possible.
In the meantime you can look around in the forums, read up more about the guild and talk with Unleashed members in our irc channel.
Olthrion
Olthrion
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 696
Class : Disciple of Khaine
Registration date : 2008-02-06

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Malleus Tue Jun 24 2008, 07:16

Cain wrote:Good luck mate.. very neat app Smile

you studying in germany atm or.. why are you there? Very Happy
And dont worry about your age.. it's generally not an issue hehe Wink

Hey, thanks.

Nah, I'm not living in Germany of my own free volition - my father got a better-paying professorship here. I absolutely loathe it - ever been in a German village? It's like being thrown back 200 years. All the women wear these ridiculous crew cuts, everyone's a good Christian, they speak semi-Bavarian slang that makes me want to stick nails in my ears - worst of all is the communal spirit one gets in these hamlets, pedantic, good-neighborly decentism. You know, tea-party gossip, fat, scandal-monging women, small-minded pettiness, style of thing. Drives me mad.

Rant aside, yeah, I miss America. Looking forward to returning in two more years.
Malleus
Malleus
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Malleus Tue Jun 24 2008, 07:18

Olthrion wrote:Thank you for your application.
I have moved over your application to our pending list so we will get back to you as soon as possible.
In the meantime you can look around in the forums, read up more about the guild and talk with Unleashed members in our irc channel.

Thanks!
Malleus
Malleus
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Nedm Tue Jun 24 2008, 10:10

yay another marauder! good luck with the app Very Happy
Nedm
Nedm
Black Guard
Black Guard

Male Number of posts : 295
Class : Chaos Magus
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Phreak Tue Jun 24 2008, 10:16

Good luck with you app Malleus! Smile

#Phreak
Phreak
Phreak
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 29
Class : undecided
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietus Tue Jun 24 2008, 11:49

I recently got a job in a place with village style mentality here in the UK. Its a bit of a culture shock but the key to enjoying it is to throw youself into it. I resisted at first and hated the place but if you start to get envolved you soon see that the community spirit outways the gossipy rubish. As to the aplication, extremely well written, i just want to add that I think this guild will be a balance between pve/pvp, im sure you are aware of this, but I just wanted to check as you seem PVP orientated.
Quietus
Quietus
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave

Male Number of posts : 87
Class : Disciple of Khaine
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Gromit83 Tue Jun 24 2008, 19:00

Nice application, it´s very well written. Interesting fact that you have photographic memory!
And yeh, it´s sad they never made an followup on Freelancer, loved that game aswell. I had a relaps last fall, while travelling, and I completed the game on the laptop we brought with us. Quite tricky with a toughpad Razz
Well good luck, see you soon on irc.
Gromit83
Gromit83
Beastman
Beastman

Male Number of posts : 174
Class : Zealot
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Malleus Tue Jun 24 2008, 22:04

Thanks very much for the support!

Quietus: For the first time in years, I'm really looking forward to PvE - no more is it WoW's imbecilic slagfest, but story-driven, original, and engrossing action. I'd be more than glad to join the guild in raiding - my focus merely remains RvR, though I certainly won't PvP to exclusion.

Gromit: Seriously? Freelancer on a touchpad? If so, that's pretty sick, grats!

Two years ago, I spent a halcyon summer in Germany, sitting on the sidewalk in front of my grandmother's house, hacking into the neighbor's Internet, shooting everything down online. Good times; difficult to win dogfights when one balances one's mouse on one's knee, though that likely can't compare to touchpad playing.
Malleus
Malleus
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Gromit83 Tue Jun 24 2008, 23:21

Yeh Tutchpad was interesting.... And most of the time laying in a bed with the comp on a pillow Razz
Gromit83
Gromit83
Beastman
Beastman

Male Number of posts : 174
Class : Zealot
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Malleus Wed Jun 25 2008, 15:32

Accursed luck - my mic's broken. I'll have to buy a new one, will attempt this tomorrow (tonight if possible).
Malleus
Malleus
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Malleus Wed Jun 25 2008, 23:50

MSN account created; contact me via dmeyerlind@hotmail.com.
Malleus
Malleus
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down