Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Linak

+3
Grom
Venom
Linak
7 posters

Go down

Application - Linak Empty Application - Linak

Post  Linak Sat Jun 21 2008, 05:57

Character Information - Race, Class
I finally made up my mind and would like to join you as a Black Guard.

Playing Hours - The amount of hours per week you spend on (any game) and will this change for WAR?
At the moment due to some special circunstances I'm playing like at least 12 hours or more everyday, on a normal schedule (attending classes etc.) I usually play around 8+ hours on week days and almost the whole time I am awake on weekends. However I do have some RL compromises that keep me away from gaming sometimes, those however are flexible and I can arrange them to have as little impact as possible on my gaming. To give you a rough idea I could very easily sustain at the very least 85% raid attendance.

Past Gaming Experience (Please note that we may ask questions about said game to check credibility)
I started gaming online with Age of Empires II and its expansion. Wasn't really a pro at the game but I was decent and got myself a lot of micromanagment skills.

I played some Diablo II: LoD if you could consider that an MMO both normal and hardcore mode. having several 80+ classes, but I never took that game all that seriously.

Now the main MMO I've played is WoW, both classic and TBC. On classic WoW I've played:
- UD Rogue (Spinebreaker server), up to Majordomo.
- Dwarf Priest (Laughing Skull server), up to Chromaggus (Healer).
- UD Warrior (Vek'nilash server and C'thun server afterwards), up to Twin Emperors and some trys on both Anub'Rekhan and Instructor Razuvious (MT).

When TBC hit I continued playing my warrior with whom I've tanked every single TBC encounter up until M'uru (3x% Entropius best attempt). The only exception being Felmyst which I have not done at all (although it looks quite easy from all the vids I've seen).

As for PvP I wasn't really interested on the rank grind system on classic WoW, the highest I got was rank 9 with my priest. I did however like the premade vs premade competition and helped some people get their rank 12-14 with my priest (the pvp on both Vek'nilash and Laughing Skull was pretty awesome tbh). I did a lot of premades both with my priest and warrior because I enjoyed the competitive WSG matches quite a lot.

On TBC I completly loved the arena system since it was much more skilled based. Since I raided as tank I have probably spent close to 10000g on respeccs (respeccing twice daily many weeks). To sum it up I was a S1 Gladiator and have had 2.2k+ teams on every bracket on both S1 and S2. On S3 I've managed to break 2.4k on both 2v2 and 3v3 but I have left those teams for some reasons which would take some time to explain, and might sadly not end up getting Gladiator. Will certenly try though.

I also arena with my alt hunter which is not all that great geared but I've do fairly well toping at 1950 2v2. I have not played any arenas since I got my bow though, due to a lack of interest on the people that helped me out (mainly due to the team jumping nerf patch).

I've also tried several classes on the tournament realm thanks to all my free time, and I'm quite decent at playing a Discipline Priest, Resto/Restokin Druid and Rogue, and ofc Warrior and Hunter. If any of you guys has an active TR account and wants to try me up in that respect im ready for it Smile.

Also I make it a rule that I won't click a single thing with any of my characters and bind absolutely anything I might have to use in a fight (yes even mounts and water).

Past Guilds and if you have held any place of power in a Guild (any proof of this will greatly help)
Worthy of mention:

Artîfact, my alliance guild on Laughing Skull, where I was just a member with my priest.

Then on the Vek'nilash server i was GM of Servants of Despair as well as Raid Leader and got the guild to Chromaggus. With what at the time I believed to be an increadibly fast MC clear (1st week Golemagg down, 3rd week Majordomo down, 4th week Ragnaros down).

After that I migrated to C'thun when the spanish servers opened up and formed a new guild in which again I was the GM of, NeXXuS, as well as Raid Leader. I got the guild to Twin Emperors. After TBC I stayed both GM and RL of NeXXuS and got the guild up to Kalec'gos which we managed to killed twice. The guild broke appart after that due to lack of interest and lots of people leaving the guild for various reasons. I am now in Rune on the same server, where I am one of the offtanks and im on trial. However I'm pretty confident I'll make it to raider cause of how well I've performed for them on M'uru and the rest of encounters in general and have mantained a 100% attendance for the time being Razz.

As to proof of this, I guess I could show you in game since I still hold the GM with a bank alt (still selling stuff from the bank to give gold to the old raiders when I finish up with it)

How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild. I.e. Website help, helping players outside Unleashed etc.
Well I like doing a lot of research for WoW, I read WoW boards, blogs and news sites (Elitist Jerks, Oficial wow forums, tankspot, mmo-champion, worldofraids, gameriot) very often, and always look for ways to improve both my class and other classes gameplay in both PvP and PvE. For example I found a 3:2 shot rotation macro for our hunters that greatly increased their dps while I was doing some research for my own hunter. I really enjoy theorycrafting and trying new things up as well as throwning out ideas to improve things. I know some very basic HTML coding but I'm not all that good with websites. Im quite good at PHP BB forum administration, and EQDKP administration, and managed WWS for NeXXuS. I have done some PvE kill videos aswell for my guild, and can use Sony Vegas and Virtual Dub quite well (Sony Vegas has however recently stopped working for reasons unknown to me). I'm also quite active on both ventrilo and forums, and know how to use the VT admin comands.

Reasons for joining Unleashed
Well Kisai has really insisted on getting me into WAR. I watched the video podcasts, I've played with his WAR account and liked it a lot more than I did AoC. And well he was really pumped up about you guys and I thought why the heck not. After all I have been playing with him for a very long time, and have met him several times IRL and we get along quite well.

How long you plan on playing WAR
As long as the game and its comunity remain entertaining. I'll be honest here, If the game does end up sucking balls I will not stick with it. I want to have fun in a game I enjoy playing, and with people with whom I have fun with. Also when I choose a guild I am very comitted to it. I've never been a guild jumper, and If a like the game and get along well with you guys, I will stay on the boat until it sinks.

Access to Ventrilo and a mic?
Of course, and I'm quite talkative and like to joke around a lot, not one of those quite guys that only writes on chat Wink.

A personal statement - tell us about yourself (Note that this is a very important part of your application)
I'm Spanish, I'm 21 (will turn 22 soon), single, and I'm studing Computer Ingeneering. I've been playing games for quite a while now. I like music, anime, manga, and movies. I also go out with my friends from time to time to have fun and get drunk, but not all that often. I guess I'm your average WoW geek. As for my personality I am quite easy going, its hard to get me all angry and worked up, and usually quite diplomatic with everybody. I always look at the postive things in other people, and like joking around. Also I am a volunteer in a Scout Group where I take care of children aged 7 and 8, and well we sometimes go on weekend trips or excursions on Saturdays. We also have weekly meetings on Saturday morning and preparation of those meetings is the main reason why I sometimes can't make it to a raid. I am also very Fluent in both English and French, and speak a little German.

Have you pre-ordered the WAR CE and will you be playing in the 'Open Beta' with us?
No I haven't but I have looked into it. Mainly at least in Spain it is impossible to preorder online as its sold out. I might go to an actual GAME shop and ask, but I'm however VERY reluctant to playing in Spanish as I hate all the game translations to Spanish I have seen, and would much rather play in English. So my next option is getting it online from some other countrys online retailer. Unfortunately for me, there are only Greek, Finnish, and Swedish stores still selling it online, and the only Swedish I know is kottbullar and svensk senap, the only Greek I know is malaka, and I don't speak a word of Finnish. As for the beta I registered some time ago for it but haven't been invited yet, I am however currently playing the closed beta on a friends account. So if any of you guys have any suggestions I'm open for everything Very Happy.

Computer specs and Internet connection
Right, I can run the M'uru encounter with Fraps on, and when I tried the WAR beta it started off with every setup at the highest possible and it runs real smooth. I will however go into the speficis:
- Intel Core2Duo E-6600 @ 2.40GHz
- 2MB RAM
- Saphhire ATI Radeon x1950 Pro

My conecction is ADSL with 2MB download and 300Kb upload or something of the sort. Good thing is, it is VERY stable I almost never DC or get lag spikes (as in DCing once every 3 months). I get 80-110 ms on WoW depending on the zone and the server load.

How to get in contact with you, preferably MSN
I'm on your IRC channel from the moment I turn my computer on and I'm also available through MSN, iamfred0@hotmail.com.

Last edited by Linak on Sat Jun 28 2008, 23:12; edited 2 times in total
Linak
Linak
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 9
Class : Black Guard
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Application - Linak Empty Re: Application - Linak

Post  Venom Sat Jun 21 2008, 06:35

Thanks for your application its been moved to our officer section where we shall discuss it in more detail and get back to you Very Happy
Venom
Venom
Sub Officer
Sub Officer

Male Number of posts : 1022
Class : Chaos Chosen
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Grom Sat Jun 21 2008, 10:20

Looks like a great application.

You probably should get an Open Beta key soon though. There are still some CE's available at Gameshop.se. I'm sure one of our Swedish members will be glad to help you order if you have any problems (it should be fairly easy though, just press Köp). I ordered from this site and got my keys in 2 days (Netherlands).

Good luck and see you on IRC.
Grom
Grom
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave

Male Number of posts : 69
Class : Choppa
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Gromit83 Sat Jun 21 2008, 12:08

Hello mate.
Yes, indeed, this is a really nice application, and I wish you good luck with it.
Concerning the Pre-order online in Sweden, as far as I know, they are all sold out (according to prisjakt.nu). But there are gamestores that still sell the game. Even just the beta-key itself +headstart (16 dollars). If it should be necessary I´d be glad to buy one for you and ship it over.
Gromit83
Gromit83
Beastman
Beastman

Male Number of posts : 174
Class : Zealot
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelmeri Sat Jun 21 2008, 13:32

Good luck, looks like alot of effort went into writing that Smile
Kelmeri
Kelmeri
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave

Male Number of posts : 72
Class : Witch Elf
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Kisai Sat Jun 21 2008, 14:20

he was the leader of NeXXuS when i joined, and eded up leading the guild with him, he is a hardcore gamer, very skilled at both pve and pvp with every character i've seen him play and is the best commander i've met in my whole gaming experience, he notices everything that happens around him or his comrades and thinks up a countermeassure instantly, i've been playing with him for almsot 3 years, and i can't say anything but good things about him.

all this aside, i think that you need to make up a decision about your class in order to complete the application Wink

i wish you the best of lucks pal
Kisai
Kisai
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave

Male Number of posts : 52
Class : Sorcerer
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Linak Sat Jun 21 2008, 15:54

I'll be honest here, I probably rewrote the whole gaming experience/past guild parts 3 times because it just looked to long, and when I read it back it looked as I was going into much more detail than needed over petty things Razz.

About the class choice, since I've talked with Kisai a bit about how your application process goes. I was hoping I could talk about it on the interview, if I made it past the first stage that is Smile.

And yeah if I do make it into UL I'll try my best to get a CE ASAP.
Linak
Linak
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Nedm Sat Jun 21 2008, 16:12

Linak wrote:Computer Ingeneering

i loled :p

good luck with your app its a good one
Nedm
Nedm
Black Guard
Black Guard

Male Number of posts : 295
Class : Chaos Magus
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Linak Sat Jun 21 2008, 16:26

I did check my spelling three or four times at least, missed that bit Sad. It's been a long time since I last wrote any English so my spelling is a bit rusty (had to actually check some words spelling on google). As a side note, Spanish for Engineering is Ingenieria, hence my mistake Razz
Linak
Linak
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Linak Sun Jun 22 2008, 00:40

All right I made myself another hotmail account I'll use for games and such, so you can now contact me on MSN. Its iamfred0@hotmail.com. I'll be hanging around there and on IRC if you need to contact me Smile. I'll update this on my application.
Linak
Linak
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Linak Sat Jun 28 2008, 23:13

I updated my application with my career choice.
Linak
Linak
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down