Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application for Black Orc

4 posters

Go down

Application for Black Orc Empty Application for Black Orc

Post  Nagash Wed Sep 03 2008, 13:30

1. Character Information - Race, Class
Tbh, i don't really mind what class or race etc, but for me to enjoy playing the game more, i'd prefer to be a greenskin, and likely a Black Orc. I usually play more support class roles in other various games, and so now would like to try something different. My basis for being black orc though is mainly focused on visuals provided by mythic, ingame videos, etc, as i am yet to gain access to the game and actually try it out for myself. So what i'm basically saying is, if you want me to be something different and focus on that, i'll gladly be that. I must say though that in warhammer i've never really liked playing as elf type races, be it the table top game or whatever.

2. Playing Hours - The amount of hours per week you spend on (any game) and will this change for WAR?
My playing hours will obviously change for WAR, and i want to dedicate a lot of time to WAR, as I have been a Warhammer player from the late 80's early 90's, when it was just a table top game, with stuff like Hero Quest and Space Crusade. I lost touch playing it when i was at university, but online i have always taken on the name of my favourite character "Nagash", though most ppl just call me Nag, which is the ingame name i'll try and get, as it'll be unlikely i can adopt the name "Nagash" Very Happy.

I currently play TF2 and i'm in a TF2 clan, i will still be playing that, as i enjoy the atmosphere from clan play in that. I also make maps for Half-Life 2 and TF2, etc, and i am also Mod Leader for the HL2 mod Dragonball Source (dragonballsource.com), though we have just ended development after 3 years and many releases due to lack of interest by the staff, though we've had 40,000+ downloads (that we know of). So obviously i've just had a load of free time come up from ending that, as that accounted for half my online time (which is alot).

I can't really put a figure on the number of hours I play online, as whenever i'm on my computer, i'm straight on vent, even if idling, and IRC, and doing something gaming related. I only currently work 16hrs, so i get a lot of free time, and i also work early mornings, so i play games alot in the daytime while waiting for ppl i know to come online, or i play late at night (like midnite to 5am) if i decide to sleep through the day (due to early morning starts). All i can say, if i'm online, i'll be active in one way or another for this guild, be it in or out of game.

3. Past Gaming Experience (Please note that we may ask questions about said game to check credibility)

Will list my online gaming experience, as it's more relevent than offline i suppose Very Happy
* Ran a WWF themed message board RPG for 3 years, in which i would write a weekly "show" which was the matches between characters that they had been roleplaying through the week.
* Joined a TFC & CS Clan called [73rd] until i had to go to uni and lost the internet
* Played TFC and other Half-Life based games when getting the internet back and joined various n00b clans which folded after a few weeks Sad
* Joined [V.O.S] clan which i eventually became leader of, which ran for 1 1/2 years before merging with another clan
* Became a news reporter for PlanetHalfLife.com, and was one of the first people to report about Half-Life 2 happening
* merged clan was named exe.cute, and ran for 3 years, starting as a low end TFC clan and becoming one of the top clans in england at TFC's end.
* Joined the mod dragonball adventures, for 4 months
* started my own mod with some other guys and created Dragonball Source, which was in development for 1 year before we released our first build, and then ran another 2 years (3 total) and only recently has closed down production.
* Joined a TF2 clan last march, currently risen to the rank of deputy clan leader.

I also ran my own TFC league which ran for 3 seasons and was part of something called ETAC, which was a cooperation between many TFC leagues, which delt with examining cheaters and finding them out etc, banning them from leagues assosiated with ETAC if found out to be cheating.

4. Past Guilds and if you have held any place of power in a Guild (any proof of this will greatly help)
MMORPG experience
* Star Wars Galaxys (plus addons) for 1 year (became of of the guild leaders, and had our main merchant area, plus was in charge of the cities layout of new housing etc.
* Guild Wars (plus addons) for a couple years, helped in the organising of a few guilds, but they were run by immature kids, who basically rage quit if they didn't like something and killed the guilds, and i eventually quit playing this game because that was my general experience of all guild wars guilds.
* Eve beta tester, though gameplay didn't keep me hooked past beta, as it's very slow going imo

Though i have risen to high ranks in good guilds in mmorpg games, all those guilds have since folded and closed, and i wouldn't be able to prove that they actually existed tbh, because i no longer have contact with members. I may however still have a screenshot or two of me playing them hidden in the depths of my backups Very Happy

5. How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild. I.e. Website help, helping players outside Unleashed etc.
tbh, whatever help you need, i can give. I can help players ingame or out of game, helping to organise, or helping tactics-wise in battles. In my TF2 clan, i help to "call", which is basically telling people what to do tactically, be it to retreat to hold ground, progress when they are weakened or simply updating the clan on where the enemy is tryiong to push forward. Offline i can help moderate forums, help the awareness of the guild increase, or help with website stuff. I am trained as a graphic designer, so if you wanted help optimising the website and forums to make them run smoother, i can help there. I also have experience in admining most types of forums, so can help improve stuff if you wanted help there. If you don't need help doing that though, i'm happy to sit back and help in any way you guys need.

6. Reasons for joining Unleashed
I was going to start my own guild, but i don't know if i'll have enough time to get it kick started and off the ground and so would like to join an established guild and help it progress, maybe rise throu the ranks a little to help with the running of the guild, depending how we get on etc. Though i'm happy being just another grunt Very Happy. The reason i chose this guild is that i like the sounds of it's friendly and helpful attitude towards other guilds and players, in that you want to help others as well as yourselves. I don't want to join an all or nothing ego tripping guild that only cares about the win and is of the opinion that everything else, including being nice, is secondary. I would very much like to be involved with the kind of guild who wants to encourage other guilds to grow and perhaps help being some kind of diplomat for this guild.

7. How long you plan on playing WAR
Depends how long they intend to make WAR being a fun game tbh Very Happy. When i used to play SWG (star wars galaxies), i intended to play that for many many years, and never saw an end to me actually playing it... however, the powers that be decided to totally redesign the game and the way it worked, the only thing that really remained the same was the theme. Think the original star wars films. It started out like that. It was good, then they added stuff to try and make it better (like the stupid remastered and editted versions of the old star wars films), then they decided to totally change what it was all about, thinking it would make it better to a new audience, but infact made all the old players hate it.... like the new films did. :E ... anyway, Like any game i play, i'm here for the long run, i don't plan on a quit date, the quit date plans it me Wink. As far as i'm concerned, i'll be playing this game forever.... but due to the nature of the internet and gaming, that'll only last so long, but if updates for this game remain consistant and good, i'll be playing for a long time, and even if i quit playing in combat type stuff, i'd still enjoy helping to run the guild from ingame or outside game.

8. Access to Ventrilo and a mic?

I have a good mic and i use ventrillo every day. i also know how to open multiple copies of ventrillo so i can use the guilds and my TF2 clans at the same time. I also have experience in admining our ventrillo server, so if u need help there, i can help if needed.

9. A personal statement - tell us about yourself (Note that this is a very important part of your application)
Though i feel i have described myself quite a bit already in this application, i'll list a little bit more about me so you can get to know me better, and know that I am trustworthy and reliable, since that is no doubt something you'll look for mainly when considering an application, after all, you don't know me, i don't know you, and if you want me to help you out, those are the qualities you require. Well anyway, at the moment, offline i currently run my local pubs pool team, which is in a league of approx 20 other teams, and this involves me having to deal with other teams on a weekly basis, doing things like just talking with them at the pub to make them feel welcome, to refereeing matches, and making the team seem friendly... and we have a couple of players who take things to seriously and so need calming down in heated moments, which i have to try and handle. Though we have rival teams and such, we always remain friendly with other team and look forward to playing our rivals. I feel this is the kind of atmosphere, you guys as a guild, are trying to create, and i think that i can help to extend that welcoming, but competative feel.

Also a bit more about myself, I am 28 and from Nottingham, Engand, currently working on the news and magazines department of Tescos. It's not something i want to do as a career or anything, but i enjoy the job and friendly atmosphere. As part of my job, i am right at the front of the store near the entrance, and so besides the security guards, i am one of the first people they see, and so need to be friendly and welcoming. Again, this is something i think i can use to help improve the guilds profile.

As a gamer, i mainly enjoy the support type roles, even in FPS games, i like being the healer, or the guy who aids the killing of other players, perhaps the guy who hovers around a good death matcher as a distraction, taking the heat off them to attack, though it's not as though i can't hold my own in combat, i just figure it's better to get the focus on me, so others can make the kill.... i'm not a stats whore, i don't care if i'm not at the top of any leader board for kills racked up, so long as i know that i contrabuted to the kill, and many kills were achieved because of what i have done, i am happy. Maybe this style of play is more suited to a tank, and this is why i'd like to try out the Black Orc for you guys.

10. Have you pre-ordered the WAR CE and will you be playing in the 'Open Beta' with us?
Yup, though i'm not 100% sure it's the CE version, though the thing i purchased instore at HMV says it is, they gave me the option of the SE also... however, The codes are printed inside the case, which was sealed, so they should be CE codes still... tbh, little confused about that nature, but it says guaranteed open beta on the case... anyway, i'll happily help out with anything to do with the guild in the meantime, as open beta characters get wiped anyway, and CE players only get a days headstart than the SE players, and if i'm at work that first day anyway, and don't get to update the patches and such in time, well i'll be there anyway Very Happy

11. Computer specs and Internet connection

like 2mb connection, Medion PC, with dual core, processor, windows vista, 500gb HDD 8500GT and all the other stuff which'll let me run WAR smoothly. Only prob i have is that sometimes vent will disconnect itself and reconnect, but that tends to be if someone else here uses the network to use facebook (gah bandwidth sapper :E), but it's only very rarely it happens now, so i see it being no problem.

12. How to get in contact with you, preferably MSN

Personally, i dispise MSN. I am a mod leader and everybody and their dog likes to add me as their friend, i literally have thousands of contacts on my friends list, and as such i haven't been on MSN in months. I'd prefer not to use it tbh, but if it's a requirement for the guild, i'll use it, maybe making a new account no one knows of but people here in the guild. You'll need to let me know of that. However, if i'm online i'll either be on the forums, on ventrillo, ingame, or if you have an irc channel, be in there... if i'm offline, i'll close MSN, so not like you can contact me there if i'm offline, whereas in IRC, i leave it connected 24/7 so i can be left messages. here's some various ways to contact me...

PM me here, i'll be checking back anyway, so i'll see a PM sent to me.
Email me at nagash-sama@hotmail.co.uk ... not my current email, but i check this every other day, but will check daily if you need me to.
IRC... i currently use irc.quakenet.org and idle in #cic under the name Nagash. you can PM me there and if i'm offline, it'll record a message for me to get when i'm back.
Steam Friends... if you have Steam, add "john@nagash.net"

That should be all. if you would like to hear more from me, please feel free to ask and i'll provide you with any info you require. i look forward to hearing your verdict soon Very Happy
Nagash
Nagash
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 6
Class : Black Orc
Registration date : 2008-09-03

http://www.dragonballsource.com

Back to top Go down

Application for Black Orc Empty Re: Application for Black Orc

Post  Cain Fri Sep 05 2008, 12:37

can you give me some more detailed info on your play time and your past experiences playing MMO's?
Cain
Cain
Recruitment
Recruitment

Male Number of posts : 372
Class : Marauder
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Nagash Sun Sep 07 2008, 00:50

in star wars galaxies, i was mainly a crafter, starting with mainly just minor things like repair kits for weapons and armours, then moving onto spacecraft, successfully making the fastest spacecraft on our server at the time when i quit... who knows, may have been faster made since then. I also made swoops and other land based vehicles. Combat classes in that were mainly pistols, and eventually when on to teskai master (i forget how that ones spelt), which is basically a martial art type hand to hand based class. Star Wards Galaxies didn't have levels, but instead had career trees that you have to gain experience and spend points on the various sections, was a very grinding type game, as to get a jedi character, you had to grind careers and master them, i forget the amount i mastered, but it was in the double figures, as i was playing for a year.

In guild wars, i was your basic tank, in guild matches, trying to delay people or pve enemies. I played the original plus factions, and maxed out all my characters, eventually playing one of each type apart from mesmer as i didn't really like that type of class, which was an energy denying type character. Max level was lvl20 as well, so wasn't hard to run through each type tbh. The actual game itself i got bored of, but i did play in guild matches for a few months after getting bored with the game, as i was more about the community and guild building, trying to bring in people to help build up the guild and claim cities in our name, which involved getting faction points and generally having a lot of members. I also played support roles such as healer (monk), but i didn't have all the skills unlocked for it, so rarely played it in matches.

Gaming hours varey like i say. Monday i'll probably be on from 12noon to midnite, tuesday will be similar, but i get back from work at 11am, so will probably start earlier, wednesday i run my local pool team, so will be offline at night, but can be on from when i wake in the morning, to 6pm as i'm not at work. thursday when i wake up to midnite, friday i get back from work at 11am again, so will be on then until late, saturday back from work at 10am, so on then until late, and sunday i'll probably only do bits here and there unless it's something important going off and i'm needed. For my TF2 clan, i can manage stuff in irc and ventrillo while ingame on WAR, or doing whatever for the guild, but as it stands, i'll play matches on sunday, monday, tuesday and thursday nights, well only usually 2 or 3 of the 4 nights, and they will be scheduled on our website so i can see whats happening, and this looks like an organised guild, so if there is stuff organised for similar times, i will be able to arrange my nights between the two games quite easily, though i think i'd more like to be the kind of player who plays through the day (early afternoon) and can help look after the guilds interests during that time.

like i said in the previous post though, sometimes i'll play through the night and not bother sleeping until i go to work, and in which case, i'll play some game, which'll be an extra 5 hours onto the above times. so realistically, my play hours will be anywhere between 50 and 60 hours a week. more than enough for anyone tbh Wink
Nagash
Nagash
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Application for Black Orc Empty hmm

Post  Fleshtuh Sun Sep 07 2008, 12:01

Well we require players to be able to attend 5 nights per week raid with us. It seems you wont be able to =/

Fleshtuh
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 41
Class : Marauder
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Nagash Tue Sep 09 2008, 02:03

um, why not. what times do you plan on doing raids, how long will they last, etc, and is doing raids the only thing this guild will be doing? as if it's the only thing you guys will be doing and is the main sole focus of the guild, i doubt i want to join the guild tbh. Fair enough if you don't want me in the guild though i can accept that, just that reason given does not really seem like a decent enough reason, and even if i can't make a full 5 days a week, surely there are other players who will be the same within the guild, and you need backup players for people who can't make it, or something comes up, as you can't rely on that amount of people to be online a perfect 5 days a week, every week.

anyway, i'm not disheartened yet, since you have nothing official as a forum tag or anything, so i'll wait on someone official to give their verdict if that is ok Very Happy

um, if it helps sway the deal a little more in my favour, don't recall if i listed it above, but i have a lot of experience in forum administration and setup, and i have just noticed that this forum is a free forum not hosted by you guys. I could basically help improve your out of game presence if you so wanted me to, as i have an owned license of vBulletin going spare, and can host whatever you need in terms of a forum, on your own webspace. If you have access to the database also, i can transfer all of the stuff on these forums to a new version also, or if your current website doesn't have mysql support, then i can host a database for you as well.

anyway, like i say, i didn't think this guild was all about one thing, i thought it was more about the bigger picture, the community, the helping of other guilds/players and the WAR as a whole. To do stuff like that, you need the fringe players who help the running of the guild, otherwise you have little organisation and everyone running around trying to attack without direction.

though please correct me if my opinions of this guild are wrong and i will look elsewhere, but hopefully i won't have to Very Happy
Nagash
Nagash
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly Tue Sep 09 2008, 21:03

every member within Unleashed is used as a raiding player unless you are under the "loved ones act" like some of the girls in the guild. This is where loved one gain access to the guild without having to do anything so they can play with there Boyfriends, bothers or sisters.

If you miss at least 2 raids a week as it stands then you will be removed. This may change later on but these are the rules that we play with atm.

Will you be able to raid with us? raids will be 7pm GMT till 12 GMT weekdays and 7pm GMT till 2am GMT weekends
Firefly
Firefly
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Male Number of posts : 424
Class : Witch Elf
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Nagash Wed Sep 10 2008, 01:52

yes apart from....

1st Monday of every month... I dunno how WAR guilds work, but basically i have to attend a meeting on those nights, which last like 30mins and i can be back at my PC... so therefore can join in again once back online if that option is available, but surely u won't be doing 5hrs straight of pure raiding Wink

Also during our pool season, most wednesdays i won't be around at night.

when you say at least 2 though, the hours your listing is like a full time job of pure raiding. surely there will be other stuff to do ingame Very Happy as well as out of game.
Nagash
Nagash
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly Wed Sep 10 2008, 20:31

talk to me in game my friend -- whisper firefly