Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Sorceress - Kufu

2 posters

Go down

Application - Sorceress - Kufu Empty Application - Sorceress - Kufu

Post  Kufu Wed Sep 03 2008, 04:28

Firstly I'd like to say hi to everyone and hope your day is going well ! (That normally means you have chopped and sliced up some High elves..)

My name is Grant in RL, aged 35 male. I go by the name of Kufu from my previous MMO, and hopefully the same within WAR. I am what you would most likely describe as a hardcore player, tending to spend an extremely long time perfecting and homing my skills with whatever class I play within a game, but most importantly I play to have as much fun as possible. On to my app..

Character Information - Race, Class

Dark Elf - Sorceress

Playing Hours - The amount of hours per week you spend on (any game) and will this change for WAR?

If previous experience is to go by, I will play normally 4-5 hours most days of the week(this will be on WAR), and normally way to long ever the weekend Wink

Past Gaming Experience (Please note that we may ask questions about said game to check credibility)

Jedi Knight - I played and competed in Jedi Knight Tournaments way back in the early days when Wireplay hosted it were i reached 8 finals, lost them all Grr Wink I was a co-finder of the 'Sunday Training school' were we taught new wannabe Jedi players tricks and tips (yes yes sad i know).

Everquest 1 - Played for over 4 years of my time, killed and explored much of the content within the game. Was an officer in the Knights of the Ironcross which was lead by a member of the Everquest Magic development team. Main class was a Bard, where i was able to mix 5 songs at a time (any bard here will know that breaks knuckles!)

Dark Age of Camelot - A member of the feared Fallen Eagles guild, on the Gawaine Swerver, where we would take out around 30 albions on a regular basis, with just one group (Those were the days and I still got footage I think !!) Maxed all available crafts, played every class that was available for hibernia, the majority were at least RR4 were the highest was around RR7 (should of just stuck with one class !) I still sigh when I think back to that game pale

Everquest 2 - Only played for a year due to many friends moving to WoW, it totally destroyed the Everquest brand....had 4 maxed level characters and crafters.

World of Warcraft - Initially I couldn't settle down in a guild because of the large amount of immature gamers in the guilds I joined. I Decided to co-find a guild named Relic which a friend and I, and several very good officers lead. I structured the guild into a very efficient PVE fighting unit, and dealt with all aspects of arranging raids, guild events such of dungeon runs, helping new members gain keys to attend future raids and also arranged silly fun events like lottery sunday etc..also was a chief clip around the ear for naughty boys and girls Razz I was the main tank, and lead the raids due to my experience and knowledge of the games mechanics.

Past Guilds and if you have held any place of power in a Guild (any proof of this will greatly help)

Aaah shucks I answered most of this already..
Everquest 1: Knights of the Ironcross - Officer (guild dead and folded with change to EQ2) no proof of authority.

Dark of Camelot : Alliance of the Realm(something like that was a long time ago) an Officer of the guild, later I joined the Elite small guild of the Gawaine server known as the Fallen Eagles. I was a Warden named Rhoan, no authority.

Everquest 2 : Can't even recall the guild, will try retrieve details if requested.

World of Warcraft: Answered most of this from my ramblings above. Was co-finder and leader of Relic on the Turalyon server, name was Kufu.

How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild. I.e. Website help, helping players outside Unleashed etc.

Outside I can help with website developments if required, although this looks to be in good hands already Wink Within the game I am always willing to help members with any aspects with a drop of a hat (after all that is what being a guild is right??), also I always trp to help non guildies as that is the way I am, and it's always browny points for guild rep Wink. I tend to always do crafts within games, so I am sure I will be doing that to help guildies. Generally what is required to help the guild function best at a given time, I try to fill the role(s) due to being diverse.

Reasons for joining Unleashed

From first impressions the guild looks to be structured in such a way that it wants to achieve great things, but yet still remembering the importance of the fun element of which is ultimately a game. This is appealing to me, as I always strive to be in a guild that takes pride within themselves as I feel this is fundementally important.

How long you plan on playing WAR

I have always regretted leaving DAOC, you learn by your mistakes they say.. so I plan to play WAR (the next DAOC I hope) for the rest of my life(ok steady on there chief) Razz

Access to Ventrilo and a mic?

Yes, also TS and any other application. Also have Fraps capability if required.

A personal statement - tell us about yourself (Note that this is a very important part of your application)

As stated previously my name is Grant, aged 35 and currently single. I work as a Network Engineer for Enterprise and Corporate clients where I cover and support all aspects of ADSL, SDSL, Surestream, Etherstream and Lease line connectivity. In my spare time I play computer games like FM 2008, Oblivion IV, or any Warhammer game I can get my hands on!!! I have an interest in Astrobiology and have recently finished an Astronomy course which took 6 months to complete. I am currently working on my Mathematical Science Course, where I hope that one day I will be able to complete a quantum mechanics and electromagnetism course to gain a physical science degree. I am a keen follower of football, and have supported Chelsea all my life (I hope you aren't all Arsenal or Tottenham fans /chuckle). To laze around I tend to get stuck into any of David Gemmils amazing fantasy books, if you haven't read any of them, I highly recommend him. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Have you pre-ordered the WAR CE and will you be playing in the 'Open Beta' with us?

Yes CE has been ordered, and I have all my codes for OB and beyond.

Computer specs and Internet connection

Windows Vista™ Ultimate x64
System Model: L1N64-SLI WS
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 FX-74 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 4094MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8800 Ultra
Display Memory: 2528 MB
Dedicated Memory: 736 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Currently 512k due to living in the sticks, this is however very reliable and never disconnects. When i move house in the near future, and due to being able to tweak lines etc... within my job, I will give myself 20+MB, attenuation allowing Razz

How to get in contact with you, preferably MSN

grantball@hotmail.com

Holy cow 2:26 am, a sign of things to come from me with my late nights Wink
To add even if I am unsuccessful with my app, I wish you all the best in WAR, and remember to leave me some Order to torture, maim and put through the grinder Twisted Evil

Sleep
Kufu
Kufu
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 2
Class : Sorceress
Registration date : 2008-09-03

http://grantball.com

Back to top Go down

Application - Sorceress - Kufu Empty Re: Application - Sorceress - Kufu

Post  Cain Thu Sep 04 2008, 14:46

can you give me a little more info on your pve and pvp experience.. like how far your guilds made it..
Cain
Cain
Recruitment
Recruitment

Male Number of posts : 372
Class : Marauder
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Kufu Thu Sep 04 2008, 17:54

Just responding to say I am withdrawing my application, I have found a new home. Thank you for your time and I wish you the best in your endeavors. bounce

Kufu
Kufu
Kufu
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 2
Class : Sorceress
Registration date : 2008-09-03

http://grantball.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content