Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorceress Application

4 posters

Go down

Sorceress Application Empty Sorceress Application

Post  Vaughan Thu Jul 17 2008, 04:50

Character Information
Race - Dark Elf
Class - Sorceress

Playing Hours
Currently play 4-5 days a week (including most weekends) raiding normally 3 of those at least.

Past Gaming Experience
Well I have loved computer games ever since i was a young lad and first got properly 'hooked' around the time I discoved FF7 and Baldurs Gate (what a game). I continued to play solo games for years then going through BG, BG2, a fair bit of final fantasy stuff, NWN etc along with the regular non RPG games. Due to the fact that i was younger then I never had a good enough computer to play online games and it was only when i moved back to England last year i could finally afford a new PC (well semi-new). I then got into WoW about last October and have been addicted ever since. I have a level 70 Shadowpriest (Katial on the Darkspear EU server) and am a founding officer of a guild currently working on T6 content. Although my online gaming experience isn't as much compared to others i can assure you my love of them is <3.

Past Guilds and if you have held any place of power in a Guild
I was originally in a guild called <Nocturnal> which then disbanded and myself and a few others semi reformed the guild under the name <Clarity>. We started out at Kara and myself, the GM, and 3 officers (with help from CLs and of course the members) have managed to turn it into a guild that is working on T6 over the space of 3-4 months. If you require any proof I am sure that i could provide it on request.

How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild
Well, having been an officer I know how important helping people can be. I will help out in anyway possible, whether it be joining members in a grind for those last few of a crafting mat to trying to find that snippet of information somewhere on the net that will help them just so.

I also love the 'multiplayer' part of MMOs, it is why i play them. The first thing I do when i turn on my comp is fire up Ventrillo whether I am playing or just checking email. I am always up for anything in a party and if it will help someone else then even better!

6. Reasons for joining Unleashed
After searching through several guilds and having a sneaky peak at peoples forums, you guys all seemed really freindly for a start, as well as that you appear to have a really good guild ethos and workrate, so I feel you are similarly minded to myself and think I would fit in well and have a good group of guys around me at end game.

How long you plan on playing WAR
Once i get hooked who knows! In seriousness though, if WAR delivers all that it promises I can see it being a long long time before I am gone.

Access to Ventrilo and a mic?
I am currently on Ventrillo as I type, talking to my mates. So yes to both!

A personal statement - tell us about yourself
Well, where to start. My name is Matt, I am a 22yr old games enthusiast and live in Nottingham. I am also a keen Warhammer player, one of the things that originally attracted me to the game. In fact one of my favourite things in RL is buying models and then leaving them hoping they will one day paint themself (any other warhammer players will understand). I'm currently training up as an accountant (is not as boring as you think.....honest) and when i'm not playing MMOs or other games i'll generally be at the pub or dancing at a club. Failing that i'll be going on my latest get fit scheme (recent ones include football, aikido and squash), due to the time spent gaming/drinking. Mostly though i enjoy hanging out with my mates (i live with 3 of them, all gamers, all hoping to start WAR but they are slackers and aren't pre-ordering).

Apart from that i pretty much spend alotof time on WoW at the moment.....and guitar hero, can't quite finish through the fire and flames and it is killing me.

Also i move house in 2 weeks, which is about as exciting as my life gets!

Have you pre-ordered the WAR CE and will you be playing in the 'Open Beta' with us?
I have pre-ordered my copy and would gladly play in the open beta.

Computer specs and Internet connection
Processer: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU - Q6600 @ 2.4gz
Ram: 3gb DDR2
Memory: 750 internal + 520 external
Internet: Virgin 2meg
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600GT

And of course a nice big 22" LCD monitor (to be delivered tomorrow, now all i need to do is buy an adaptor to set two monitors up!) <= Okay i know this isn't about hardware but i am quite happy about it!

How to get in contact with you, preferably MSN
mattvaughan86@hotmail.com <= I check pretty much daily

Anything else you guys want to know feel free to ask me, either on here and i will check back or just shout at me over MSN.

Thanks
Matt

Vaughan

Back to top Go down

Sorceress Application Empty Re: Sorceress Application

Post  Olthrion Thu Jul 17 2008, 05:11

Thank you for the application.

Ok, before moving this application forward I just want to throw in a couple things in to the mix and see what I get out of it.
As you of course have seen we are a hardcore guild and you have some experience from before obviously.
With that I like to know more what kind of classes you have played before, what made you go with Sorceress?

But the most important issue is the playing hours.
One of our guild requirements is that all our members can play atleast, as a bare minimum, 6 hours a day every day (or make up for the total amount of hours in the other days)
And also we will be raiding various (as WAR is more oriented towards the PvP aspect) content atleast 6 days out of these 7, thats the frame of mind our applicants should have. With the 7:th day to be more open if you want to raid or also do other things
With that we do look for our members to be able to make 5 days a week in raids, with our raiding hours going from 19:00 - 00:00 on weekdays and 19:00 - 02:00 on weekends.
Looking at your hours how well does that fit in with your schedule my friend?
Olthrion
Olthrion
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 696
Class : Disciple of Khaine
Registration date : 2008-02-06

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaughan Thu Jul 17 2008, 05:29

Wow, quick responce.

Firstly my reasons behind sorceress are twofold:
1) I wanted a character that i can quickly transfer my skills as a shadowpriest (my only real MMO character, though I have dabbled in some degree with all clases) to therefore allowing me to progress quickly.
2) I have always been a fan of casters and magic in any fantasy book/film/game etc and as such nearly every character in any game I play has been a caster.

I know i wanted to play destruction, leaving me magus, sorceress or shaman. To be honest i then just read through the descriptions of each character and that (along with some lore/fluff i know from playing the tabletop game) convinced me the sorceress is the way to go.

The main reason for this is that the sorceress class will be most similar to my shadowpriest in respect to the description of how they require careful use of magic or risk a backlash - if anyone has played a raiding shadowpriest with the obscene amounts of threat we can producce they will understand why.

As for the hours, the guild i run in now is what i would class as semi-hardcore, due to being on a low population server and the gap between the top guild and whn we started our progression (very late) we struggle to find people to raid every night. I personally would like to raid more however posted up the hours i currently play.

The raiding hours are perfect for me, especcially as finishing at 00:00 they allow time for raids to run over when you are just at that crucial moment. I don't believe the six hours would be a problem, although due to other commitments it would probably be quite heavy on the weekend time some weeks but I am confident I could make the hours.

Any more questions let me know

Matt

Vaughan

Back to top Go down

Post  Olthrion Thu Jul 17 2008, 05:39

Ok, I'm moving you over to pending at this moment and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
As always feel free to look around in our forum and irc channel.
Olthrion
Olthrion
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gromit83 Thu Jul 17 2008, 17:45

And good luck with your application mate Very Happy
Gromit83
Gromit83
Beastman
Beastman

Male Number of posts : 174
Class : Zealot
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryanous Thu Jul 17 2008, 18:56

Another british gamer woot!
Ryanous
Ryanous
Marauder
Marauder

Male Number of posts : 121
Class : Chaos Zealot
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Thu Jul 17 2008, 21:07

meh.. seems like someone removed my post.. anyway.. I kinda said wot Olth said later on... and now I want to say gl as well =)
Scott
Scott
Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Male Number of posts : 335
Class : Chaos Chosen
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Olthrion Thu Jul 17 2008, 22:35

Scott wrote:meh.. seems like someone removed my post.. anyway.. I kinda said wot Olth said later on... and now I want to say gl as well =)

I know... I posted my post like 30 sec after, was typing while you posted, which what you said and some extra... so I thought, hell no I will let Scott have first post ^^
I have the powah!! lol!
Olthrion
Olthrion
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Thu Jul 17 2008, 23:06

Sad evul... be warned of this gentlemen here, dear applicant :/ he's cruel
Scott
Scott
Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Male Number of posts : 335
Class : Chaos Chosen
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaughan Sun Jul 27 2008, 14:21

Okay i have good news and bad news:

Good news: I managed to get my collectors edition sorted! HMV are sending a new one into my store this week.

Bad news: I am going to have to withdraw my application, pretty much i had to decide between WoW and WAR and just due to the friends I have on WoW I think that i am going to stay on the blizzard bandwagon. Sorry for wasting your time and enjoy WAR and go kick some orderly arse for me, i might see some of you in game some time.

Vaughan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down