Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application

2 posters

Go down

Application Empty Application

Post  Hayabusa Mon Aug 18 2008, 02:29

1. Character Information - Race, Class

Will most likely have two toons, a Chosen and a Squig Herder, Chosen will likely be my main, and Squig herder I'll level with my wife, "if" she decides to play.

2. Playing Hours - The amount of hours per week you spend on (any game) and will this change for WAR?

Likely be on from around 7-8am untill midnight most days, in the daytime I will likely afk alot on and off as I stay at home looking after our daughter.

3. Past Gaming Experience (Please note that we may ask questions about said game to check credibility)

Well I really dont think this forum has the space Razz

Started playing games when I was around 7 years old on a Sinclair ZX81, I'm 32 now, and played games non stop since then, used to work for Codemasters as a QA technician before I got health problems.

MMO wise, well, erm, AC2, Planetside, AO, WoW, FFXI, Guild wars very briefly, PSO, a few weird korean mmos, few more betas, trials and such of various games I dont recall, oh EvE I played from 2003 untill fairly recently, even played Dragon Empires, which never got released Razz

4. Past Guilds and if you have held any place of power in a Guild (any proof of this will greatly help)

Well near enough every guild I have been in I either helped start, started myself, or was put into a position of leadership early on, mainly due to the fact my life is dedictaed to gaming, I play all the time and I'm mature.

Not sure how I can provide any proof of this though.

5. How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild. I.e. Website help, helping players outside Unleashed etc.

Well, I'm not very well versed at websites and such, I have rented ventrilo servers on several occasions for guild use in the past, tough question this and not entirely sure what to add Sad

6. Reasons for joining Unleashed

Well, one of my favourite guilds in WoW before they transfered servers was Unleashed, so the name grabbed my attention, but also been browsing many forums and the guilds general attitude etc seemed to fit with my own better than any of the others I read.

7. How long you plan on playing WAR

Assuming its good, which I hope it is (I dont get to excited about games pre release, been let down to many times for that) a long time, kinda hard to say how long might get run over by a bus tomorrow Razz

8. Access to Ventrilo and a mic?

Yep Smile

9. A personal statement - tell us about yourself (Note that this is a very important part of your application)

Well I guess I have given alot away already, but I own my own house outright, have been with my partner for 11 years, have a 18 month old daughter and 3 cats, also lots of fish.

Mad on games and motorbikes, own a Hayabusa, which also happens to be my nick name in most all online games I play, this is actualy not due to the bike, I used to play a game years ago as a pilot, and a japanese friend at the time told me Hayabusa was Japanese for Peragrine falcon, so it fitted, I then later bought the bike when it was released lol.

I'm VERY reliable, if I say I will be somewhere, unless something extremely important has come up I will 100% be there, and be there 15+ mins early as well, I am ALWAYS well prepared, always have food, potions, scrolls, whatever is needed in abudance.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I like to do things right, and dont like to be gimp.

Downside to this is I can sometimes get annoyed at people who for taking an example from WoW here if you played it, turn up for a raid with no food, no potions, epic gear without enchants and poorly or sometimes not gem'd, these types of things generaly drive me nuts Sad

10. Have you pre-ordered the WAR CE and will you be playing in the 'Open Beta' with us?

Unfortunately I havnt, I have pre ordered and I'm awaiting the open beta code, only annoying thing is the head start and also release days have turned out to be the exact week we booked our holiday, which is very frustrating, we come back the day after release Sad

11. Computer specs and Internet connection

8mb broadband, as for PC the one I am on currently is old, but I have saved around 800 pounds to buy a new one when we come back off holiday, I'll be buying this specificaly for WAR, so it will be duel core most likely (higher clock speeds than quad, and WAR doesnt use quad core, so duel will perform better) GTX260 GFX card, 4 GIG of RAM etc.

12. How to get in contact with you, preferably MSN

Busaboy4@hotmail.com is my MSN, feel free to drop me a convo anytime Smile

Hayabusa

Back to top Go down

Application Empty Re: Application

Post  Olthrion Mon Aug 18 2008, 16:07

Thank you for the application.
It's nice to see another couple joining Warhammer Online, there are a few already in the game and in our guild.

It's a shame that you wont be able to join with the headstart and in the Open Beta, this might mean that we push the application back abit and we will review it when we can actually meet up ingame.

Otherwise it seems pretty good.

What I want to know is how your experience look, both in each of these games and with your career/class.
What have you done in these games, PvE and PvP, the experience you have etc.
And what careers have you played before? Chosen will be our tanks, do you have tanking experience from before? And if so, in what way?
Olthrion
Olthrion
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 696
Class : Disciple of Khaine
Registration date : 2008-02-06

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly Mon Aug 18 2008, 16:18

If you wish to play with your wife within Unleashed that is fine. Unleashed supports a program called "loved ones" in which anyone who is a loved one of a member of unleashed can join and they dont have to follow the same rules such as raid times, leveling rush and other things. The "loved ones" let people play with each other such as brother and sister, boyfriend and girlfriend ect and alot of our members have looked into this. Loved ones will get in when you get into UL and the only rules they have to follow is to be on vent, have a mic and be nice to everyone within the game as they still have the unleashed tag under there name.

just something that maybe you didnt know Smile
Firefly
Firefly
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Male Number of posts : 424
Class : Witch Elf
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayabusa Mon Aug 18 2008, 17:24

To answer a few of Olthrions questions, I should be in the open beta, just waiting for keys, its the headstart I will be missing due to pre booked holiday.

As for experiance in my chosen careers I have pretty much always played in all areas of a game eventualy.

Taking WoW as an example, as its the game most people have played and refer to...

Had lv70 Warrior, Warlock, Shaman, Paladin, Hunter, Druid and Rogue.

Tanked with the Druid, Warrior and the Paladin, up to around SSC level.

Damage dealed with elemental shaman, hunter, warlock and Druid in raids.

Healed with Paladin and Druid in raids, all up to around SSC.

But to be fair, I was always more of a PVP'er than a raider, and the server I was on was Wildhammer, which had REALLY bad progression, and was extremely underpopulated Horde side.

Guess what I'm basicaly saying is, I played games for a living, have over 20 years of game playing under my belt.

Whatever I choose to do, I will be good at it Smile

And Firefly my wife isnt 100% sure she will play yet, and isnt usualy one for guilds, she generaly just ambles along, doing her own thing, helping people out and stuff like that, she isnt one for small talk, and doesnt even have a sound card in her PC so vent wouldnt be an option, and she isnt one for joining something like that nayway tbh.

Chances are it would just be me, and my wife would tag along, fill in and help out here and there when/if needed.

Shes an odd one Razz

Hayabusa

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly Mon Aug 18 2008, 22:28

would be great if u were on msn Wink
Firefly
Firefly
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Male Number of posts : 424
Class : Witch Elf