Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Ducky, Shaman

4 posters

Go down

Application - Ducky, Shaman Empty Application - Ducky, Shaman

Post  Ducky Tue Jul 22 2008, 23:45

Character Information - Race, Class -

I plan on playing the Shaman. I chose to play the Shaman due to the play style of the Shaman. In all other MMO's I have played a caster a class and have grown very accustomed to dealing damage, healing from a far. I really look forward to the challenge of balancing both my offensive and defensive abilities.

Playing Hours - The amount of hours per week you spend on (any game) and will this change for WAR? -

I usually spend 35 hours + per week on my computer, it will probably be substantially more when playing WAR.

Past Gaming Experience (Please note that we may ask questions about said game to check credibility) -

Ohhh, my games collection is a countless feast of endeavours. The list goes on and on, sadly.

When I first started gaming seriously I was into my FPS's. I've played The Quake and Unreal Tournament series extensively and more recently have been involved in the Call of Duty and Halo franchises.

On the MMO scene I've played a few minor MMO's and some bigger ones on and off, namely City of Heroes/Villains. The only one that really dragged me in is the behemoth known as World of Warcraft.

Pre-TBC I played WoW constantly. I will list my achievements further down in my application. When the expansion hit and I levelled up a level I wasn't feeling the same oooh's and aaah's that I felt with the original and so ultimately quit.

So in conclusion I can say I have played every genre to death, sad I know. Rolling Eyes

Past Guilds and if you have held any place of power in a Guild (any proof of this will greatly help) -

My WoW raiding guild was quite successful, cleared;
Zul'Gurub, Onyxia, Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, AQ'20.

I'm sure there is some more but my memory has forsaken me. To the end of my WoW carer I played a lot more PvP and became good and well accustomed to it. I know WAR's RvR will be different but I think the basics will remain the same

I was in a guild known as Dawn of the Gathering, sadly they disbanded but I'm sure I've got a few ex-guildies lurking around my MSN contacts list that could vouch for me.

How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild. I.e. Website help, helping players outside Unleashed etc. -

In terms of experience I was very good at PvP in WoW, although I only played in the later stages of my carer, I picked it up quickly and efficiently and got a lot of experience in solo play and with pre-made teams. Most of the time my skill was unmatched, especially in PvE, and in PvP when playing with a team of players that I knew well and knew there strengths. I am also a very quick learner and versatile player, so although I've never played a hybrid class before I should be able to pick up the fundamentals quickly.

My attitude is usually always light hearted, I take things in my stride and know when and where my place is. I am a winner through and through so when RvRing/Raiding comes, my attitude will change completely. I will be more determined and focused, I will be more vocal on Vent/Teamspeak and give praise and constructive criticism when needed.

Outside of WAR I'm not much of a Computer Tech so I couldn't really provide any support there but I am very social so I could try and bring some of it to the forums. Very Happy

Reasons for joining Unleashed -

I read your recruitment post here;
http://vnboards.ign.com/warhammer_online_guild_board/b23199/106878241/p1/?7

Got me hooked instantly, I knew this would be a good home for me.

How long you plan on playing WAR -

As long as Mythic keep up support for the game and I, and everyone I play with, keep an interest in it. I'm betting this will be awhile.

Access to Ventrilo and a mic? -

I lost my mic after I quit WoW but i do have another one on it's way. It's ordered with the rest of my new computer parts.

A personal statement - tell us about yourself (Note that this is a very important part of your application) -

I'm called Josh and am 17 years old. I live in the sunny Highlands of Scotland. I was born and still live in a small town called Aviemore deep within the heart of Scotland. It's pleasant, bar the hoards of tourists that invade it every summer.

I picked up my first game at a tender age, Sonic for the SNES I think? And have played since. Although I've played games from a young age, I never really played an MMO until I stumbled upon a Java-Based game called Runescape. It was entertaining for a while but I wanted more, that's when an in-game friend introduced me to City of Heroes. I played for a short while before getting enlisted in World of Warcraft's services. Like most people I was sucked in right away and enjoyed the original content while it lasted. But, like stated earlier, when the new Expansion hit, I didn't find the same enjoyment as I got from the original game and quit.

Have you pre-ordered the WAR CE and will you be playing in the 'Open Beta' with us? -

Not yet but HMV have said they will have stock in soon so I will be pre-ordering from them in the near future.

Computer specs and Internet connection -

At the moment I'm running on; Intel Pentium 4 dual processors, 1gb of ram & a nVidia GeForce FX 5200.

But I am waiting on parts arriving so I can build my own gaming machine. The parts are;
CPU: Intel E8400
GPU: ATI 4850
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800
Mobo: Asus P5K-E
PSU: Corsair HX520
HD: 250-320 GB Sata II, 7200 RPM
DVD: Samsung S203D
Case: Antec 900

My internet connection is a solid 8mb.

How to get in contact with you, preferably MSN -

My current MSN is; Josh_118_@hotmail.com

Additional Comments -

Here is my WoW Armoury link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&n=Crazyreject

I would just like to say thank you to everyone that has taken their time to read my application, I have applied to a few guilds and have sadly been rejected every time (there’s only so much boasting one man can do Smile ). Also I will roll a different class if it will benefit the guild, I know you guys are quite tight on Shaman spots. Anyways enough rambling.

I hope you all find this thoroughly riveting stuff. Suspect

Sincerely, Ducky.

Last edited by Ducky on Fri Jul 25 2008, 01:21; edited 1 time in total

Ducky
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 4
Class : Shaman
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Application - Ducky, Shaman Empty Re: Application - Ducky, Shaman

Post  Ducky Thu Jul 24 2008, 22:07

Hey all, is there a reason I've not had a reply for a few days?

I understand if you guys are on holiday/busy etc... Would just like conformation though. Very Happy

Sincerely, Ducky

Ducky
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Venom Thu Jul 24 2008, 22:51

hello no we havent forgot you ^^

it takes a while to get through all our apps and things are a little slower atm with people getting stuck into guild beta but dont worry we have your app Very Happy
Venom
Venom
Sub Officer
Sub Officer

Male Number of posts : 1022
Class : Chaos Chosen
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Ducky Thu Jul 24 2008, 23:02

Venom wrote:hello no we havent forgot you ^^

it takes a while to get through all our apps and things are a little slower atm with people getting stuck into guild beta but dont worry we have your app Very Happy

Cheers for the heads up man. Forgot you guys were busy with the beta. Embarassed

Oh and might I add, very nice job with the main Web Page, I'm jealous of the skills. angry

Sincerely, Ducky

Ducky
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Rear_Assault Fri Jul 25 2008, 00:30

Ducky wrote:

http://vnboards.ign.com/warhammer_online_guild_board/b23199/107769345/p1/?6

That doesn't link to our recruitment thread Razz
Rear_Assault
Rear_Assault
Marauder
Marauder

Male Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Ducky Fri Jul 25 2008, 01:20

Rear_Assault wrote:
Ducky wrote:

http://vnboards.ign.com/warhammer_online_guild_board/b23199/107769345/p1/?6

That doesn't link to our recruitment thread Razz

Uhmm well... Uhh. I was tired? Rolling Eyes

Edited. My bad.

Sincerely, Ducky

Ducky
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Olthrion Fri Jul 25 2008, 01:41

This application have been denied and closed down due to provided hours, lack of CE, PvE and PvP experience etc.
Do not feel bad about this since Unleashed have among the hardest member requirements in Warhammer Online.
If any of the provided information will change and/or you want to prove yourself ingame at a later stage then you are free to do so.

Best of luck.
Olthrion
Olthrion
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 696
Class : Disciple of Khaine
Registration date : 2008-02-06

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content