Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ominae, Black Orc application

4 posters

Go down

Ominae, Black Orc application Empty Ominae, Black Orc application

Post  Ominae Sun Jul 20 2008, 20:55

1. Character Information - Race, Class

Greenskin, Black Orc

2. Playing Hours - The amount of hours per week you spend on (any game) and will this change for WAR?

Daily i range between 4-8 hours a day, reason being; I have an active WoW account that i'm playing casualy at this moment in time. Casualy because i'm bored of WoW nowadays, I dont mind grinding honor / Rep but PvP in WoW was always an after thought up untill TBC. Now they have lowered the standards for entery level Pvp/E (40 man to 25 man, Easy PvP Epics), and it takes the sense of achievement away from more hardcore players. But hats off to Blizz for making casual players feel welcome in a hardcore player based genre.

Yes my play time will change, I will be playing more often. on average around 6hrs a day seems more likely when i have my hands on WAR.

3. Past Gaming Experience (Please note that we may ask questions about said game to check credibility)

Well i've been playing games since aslong as i can remember (Im 20 now) and because of this i have injected gaming into my life via University. I'm currently waiting for my 2nd year of Uni to start, and the course i am taking is BSc Video Game Design.
On to my experience; I always followed MMOs with a close eye, my 1st hands on of an MMO was Everquest. I was very late in the game though and i only stayed for 2 weeks. After getting my feet wet i had my sight fixed on Final Fantasy XI, Followed its development and was pissed off that it never came to the EU due to the PS2's lack of HDD release in the EU. Fast forward a year or so and it made its way to the PC in the USA, not long after it came to the EU also, I played FFXI since EU release for a good 2 & 1/2 years. In that time i Caped one Job at 75(Samurai), one at 69(Ranger), one at 60(Paladin) and some between 40-late 50s. After hitting the level cap i joined an end-game LinkShell(FFXI's version of guild) and did some world boss kills and sky events. then WoW was released.

Took up WoW when it hit the EU stores and i was jumping in and out of FFXI and WoW for abit. WoW stuck and before TBC was released i had a 60 rogue, Paladin both Alliance and a 60 Horde Priest. The only class i did raiding with back then was on the Priest. I did everything apart from Naxx, where i only took down one boss before TBC was released. Leveled my Priest to 70, swaped my healing spec for shadow and took on some Kara and Gruul. At this point in time I took a break from WoW and when i came back i Rerolled a Druid. Its level 70 now and ive managed to some raiding on it and ALOT of PvP. 2 down in SSC, 5 down in ZA, 2 down in TK, gruul and Mag also downed. I know its not great but i never got into raiding in WoW after TBC. PvP filled the spot for awhile but the machanics of the game while playing PvP just down seem to be enjoyable for me anymore.

4. Past Guilds and if you have held any place of power in a Guild (any proof of this will greatly help)

Sanctus on Eonar ( was my Pre-TBC guild) never held a high spot in any guild, Id be up to the task though.

5. How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild. I.e. Website help, helping players outside Unleashed etc.

Id be open to help out the guild in any way, I know the actions of people from a guild often might give said guild a bad rep so on that front I'd always be helpful to players inside and out of the guild.

6. Reasons for joining Unleashed

Your an EU guild which was the first reason i was interested, I read over the information you have stated about you goals and rules and such and i'm very impressed.

7. How long you plan on playing WAR

Till the day they shutdown the servers.

8. Access to Ventrilo and a mic?

Yes.

9. A personal statement - tell us about yourself (Note that this is a very important part of your application)

My name is Antony, im a 20 year old male student from the UK. I live in Manchester and attend the University of Bolton where as i said above im studying on a couse titled BSc in Games Design. Got done with my 1st year and awaiting for my 2nd year to start in late Sept. Loving the Course so far and i recormend it to anyone with a flare design, be it 2d art work or 3d modeling.
I would say im addicted to Video games but i dont really see it that way when its leading me down a path in my education aswell. I own all 3 consoles on the market , a PSP and a DS , My PC + 360 get most of my time while the Wii gathers a small amount of dust till my GF comes round to play on it.

I'd like to say i'm a layed back person, i dont let video games stress me out unless its a tech problem like crashes or other things that are kind of out of my hands.

10. Have you pre-ordered the WAR CE and will you be playing in the 'Open Beta' with us?

No Sad I was alittle late when they released the CE, I might still be able to get one but at this moment in time its not looking good.

11. Computer specs and Internet connection

HP Compaq 8510w Mobile Workstation
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7700 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
2032MB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M 512MB

Virgin 4Meg Cable internet

12. How to get in contact with you, preferably MSN
sprigganffxi@hotmail.com

Ominae
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 3
Class : Black Orc
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Ominae, Black Orc application Empty Re: Ominae, Black Orc application

Post  Olthrion Sun Jul 20 2008, 21:51

Thank you for your application, I have moved it forwad to pending for now.
As for CE, we view that as very important so keep us updated on that issue since it does effect the application.

Feel free to view our forum and website and talk with us in IRC.
Olthrion
Olthrion
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 696
Class : Disciple of Khaine
Registration date : 2008-02-06

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ominae Thu Jul 24 2008, 22:51

Got my self a Pre-Order kit for the CE, Tip for people in the UK that dont have it. Go to a retail HMV store and throw down £10 for the pre-order, it gets refunded off the full price of the CE.

Ominae
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaughan Fri Jul 25 2008, 23:47

Did you get a beta code with yours from HMV as i didn't and am going to have to try and get one out of them or something.

Vaughan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ominae Sat Jul 26 2008, 00:21

Vaughan wrote:Did you get a beta code with yours from HMV as i didn't and am going to have to try and get one out of them or something.

Yea, I walked into HMV and they have pre-order boxes out on the shelves for £10 and inside theres 3 keys, one for the open beta, one for the head start and another for the in game items.

Ominae
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Venom Thu Jul 31 2008, 22:09

ill just add if u could be a little patient xD guild beta is really slowing all our applications down ><
Venom
Venom
Sub Officer
Sub Officer

Male Number of posts : 1022
Class : Chaos Chosen
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Cain Thu Jul 31 2008, 23:14

you dont say? xD

wtf? what forum is this? never seen it berofe in my life! Razz