Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Chance to Win some Beta Codes..

+7
CourageousSauce
Nedm
Cain
Gromit83
Scott
Olthrion
Anginus
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Chance to Win some Beta Codes.. Empty A Chance to Win some Beta Codes..

Post  Anginus Wed Jul 02 2008, 17:01

So as far as I heard the stocks of Warhammer Online Preorder codes are running out.
So each pariticipant has the chance to win 1 Preorder box (There are 2). All you have to do is write a fanfic (Warhammer themed of course) and MUST BE in english language and grammarly correct (For the most part). The Winners will be decided by votes of members of both Unleashed and Eclipse guilds. Only members of either http://www.warhammeralliance.com , http://eclipse.frihost.net/ or http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk or the applicants of guild sites mentioned (Unleashed and Eclipse) are eligable to enter-This contest is for EUROPEAN people ONLY..sorry..

Good Luck

PS:The Contest lasts from 14.00 GMT on this day (2nd of July) 'till 14.00 GMT on the 18th of July.
The contestant must write THEIR fanfic in this thread 'till the 16th of July.

Anginus
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 8
Class : Shaman
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

A Chance to Win some Beta Codes.. Empty Re: A Chance to Win some Beta Codes..

Post  Olthrion Wed Jul 02 2008, 17:03

Very nice initiative, will be very interesting to read the fanfic that this will inspire.
Good luck to all that wish to participate.
Olthrion
Olthrion
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 696
Class : Disciple of Khaine
Registration date : 2008-02-06

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Wed Jul 02 2008, 17:09

o,o nice.. if ppl on warhammeralliance sees this they gonna wonder "what the fuck is this all about?" and blam we got lots of visitors amagash Very Happy
Scott
Scott
Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Male Number of posts : 335
Class : Chaos Chosen
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Olthrion Wed Jul 02 2008, 17:12

It's also a very good way for Eclipse to showcase themself as a guild for everyone to pay attention to.
Olthrion
Olthrion
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 696
Class : Disciple of Khaine
Registration date : 2008-02-06

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gromit83 Wed Jul 02 2008, 17:14

Yeh, Nice initiative! Are there any directions on how long they should be etc?
Gromit83
Gromit83
Beastman
Beastman

Male Number of posts : 174
Class : Zealot
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

A Chance to Win some Beta Codes.. Empty Directives

Post  Anginus Wed Jul 02 2008, 17:17

Well the Fanfic should be about a page an A4 page long. I leave the rest to you imagination.

Anginus
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Cain Wed Jul 02 2008, 17:24

Good Luck everyone.. lets see some mind blowing fanfic's hehe xD
Cain
Cain
Recruitment
Recruitment

Male Number of posts : 372
Class : Marauder
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Anginus Wed Jul 02 2008, 17:38

Well, enjoy. I'll check in each day.

Anginus
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Nedm Wed Jul 02 2008, 18:25

well thats all fine and well... but whats a fanfic Surprised
Nedm
Nedm
Black Guard
Black Guard

Male Number of posts : 295
Class : Chaos Magus
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  CourageousSauce Wed Jul 02 2008, 18:29

fan fiction :-P

make up a short story relevant to warhammer ;-)
CourageousSauce
CourageousSauce
Marauder
Marauder

Male Number of posts : 108
Class : Black Orc
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Nedm Wed Jul 02 2008, 18:35

o rly... in that case everyone surrender nefy has won.
Nedm
Nedm
Black Guard
Black Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Anginus Wed Jul 02 2008, 18:46

We'll see..We'll see..

Anginus
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  CourageousSauce Wed Jul 02 2008, 18:46

pretty sure his stories arent warhammer at all
CourageousSauce
CourageousSauce
Marauder
Marauder

Male Number of posts : 108
Class : Black Orc
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Nedm Wed Jul 02 2008, 18:51

CourageousSauce wrote:pretty sure his stories arent warhammer at all

yea but he can write like a bitch!
Nedm
Nedm
Black Guard
Black Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Anginus Wed Jul 02 2008, 19:14

Got any links to any of his works?

Anginus
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Wed Jul 02 2008, 19:53

well ,he's posted loads of stuff on this forum, but it's members only, muhah
Scott
Scott
Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Anginus Wed Jul 02 2008, 20:35

Please..?

Anginus
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Cain Wed Jul 02 2008, 20:57

ask Nefy.. its his stuff ^^
Cain
Cain
Recruitment
Recruitment

Male Number of posts : 372
Class : Marauder
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Demoras Wed Jul 02 2008, 21:01

hmm got bored and wrote one, but I already get in open beta so if I post it its only for fun, bit crap at the moment tho so will polish it up a bit and make it less crappy Razz
Demoras
Demoras
Skaven Slave
Skaven Slave

Male Number of posts : 88
Class : Magus
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Cripling Wed Jul 02 2008, 22:47

The true path of Righteousness

A Witch Hunter apprentice.. Didn't expect this at all, to follow this man of pure destruction, who is not afraid to pass judgement on a whole village just to pass true judgement on one follower of chaos. Is this "righteous"? The chaos have slaughtered millions of men.. but why do we kill our own followers? I'm only a mere apprentice, I am not one to judge.. yet.

These thoughts burn inside of my mind as me and my master walked through the woods, I didn't even know where we were..

"Where are we master?" I said, awaiting a trueful answer.. "We are in the woods of Stirland, Hunger Woods... to be... exact" he said, we used to be walking fast.. But now the pace had slowed down alot.. Afraid to ask I kept the conversation going.. "Why are we here master?", "You never know where there could be chaos lurking and sceaming there plans.. We will kill anyone who approaches us, only fools would dare to come to the Hunger Woods, it leads to Sylvania, a home of vampire counts" he said, now standing completely still. A battle approaches? A true battle versus the chaos?
"Kim L. Volgen.. A witch hunter don't even know of the word fear.. It is best you forget everything you know about the word fear.. If battle approaches and you feel fear, tell me and I shall dispose of you, you'll only be a nuisance". Master was so cold.. I'm only a apprentice after all.. A such experienced man like him should be able to know things like that.. His hat was much cooler than mine, a perfect colour and size that fitted him perfectly, it was darkbrown and so was the rest of his armor, probably dyed, the only thing that wasn't dyed was his eyepatched which was brown and had a little hole in the middle, don't know why he have that if he can still see... He had 2 sigills hanging down from his back, enchanted by the high elves, I don't know what they were for, but it was probably good against chaos.
Hanging on his chest were 3 bottles of holy water and 2 small daggers, always good to have a spare weapons I guess. He haven't told me the true use of these "accessories", he don't talk that much, it's obvious he doesn't trust me..

We've already started walking again, he didn't tell me why we stopped. But right now I don't care.
The Hunger Woods.. It sure was dark here, though it seems like a normal forest.

Walking slowly and quietly for hours we finally stop.. A house? There was a weak stream of light from the window.
Master pointed at the house, he wanted to enter.. We entered the house to find nothing. It was a candle shining in the darkness on the table, we searched the house to find nothing at all.. Unless you looked in the ceiling, to find horrored faces of what used to be human. The were dead and their skin was as white like the full moon, it was 2 women naked, with the arms and legs in an X position, glued to the roof, they had marks all over their bony bodies.
The door downstairs slammed and all light dissapeared... Death awaited.

The smell... it smelled so normal. Was I dead..? Opening my eyes to find myself in a very white and bright place... It was the infirmiary in Altdorf... How did I survive?
I found a letter on the table next to me, I tried to reach for it but discouvered I was in great pain.. My right arm was broken, so was my right leg and I couldn't feel my left leg, good enough it was there. I had broken ribs too...
"Damages like these will only make the body stronger, witch hunter apprentice..."

3 years later

Years of bloodshed and I still cannot stop thinking of my moral, slaughtered villages to be able to conclude that there were no chaos here, is this justice? Feared throughout the Empire wherever I step my foot, is this how a judge of justice should be looked upon? Or am I only the executioner? A paw to do the dirty work? Controlled by the other Witch Hunters or even the nobels for me to do their bidding. I deserve respect... NO! I CRAVE it. People shall respect me or DIE!
Fiercefully I stomped the ground, the tiles of stone broke.
Calming myself down, Altdorf makes me think too much.. Damn this wretched gun for making me come here, I needed ammo and there was only one engineer who didn't live in dwarven lands who lived here in Altdorf who could make my ammo.. It's worth it though, it's a runed dwarf made gun, though every time I come here I realize that am no hammer of justice... I'm just another paw in the chess game versus the chaos. I have no respect or self control... I just keep on killing...
"OY! Wait up Mr. hunter!", a little messenger with red hair ran up to me with an letter, "OY, a message from thy higher ups to you Mr. HUNTER!" he screamed with a sharp irritating voice.. I nodded and took the letter, the fog of thoughts in my mind distracted me from even thanking the little messenger.
"Master Kim, you've been ordered to take a travel to a small village outside of Altdorf, a hunter have gone missing and we suspect there might be Chaos here, we ordered him to slaughter the village to leave no track if chaos were found because what if the chaos's family are chaos aswell, what about their neeses and nefiews and aunts and uncles, what if they are chaos aswell, what if the whole village is a important strategical spying point for the chaos? We do not know the only thing we do know is that the villagers have not been killed. Investigate and carry on his mission, if he is alive and refuses to help you, kill him aswell, he has then obviously been persuaded into the ways of chaos."

Doesn't say who send this and that messenger is all gone... Wish people wouldn't fear me that bad... But could it be, another hunter who feel the same pain as me? Another hunter who see the false and that we can, with motivation comes action and with action we can change the Witch Hunter community into true justice followers. I shall take contact with this man immediately.
They also named me by Kim, that means they know who I am, but noone have spoken of my name since of 3 years, could it be someone I know of? Or do they keep records of every Witch Hunter? This could be deep... I need to see this Hunter and show him my claimings, if he is even alive.

I didn't know I could run this fast, even though this village is near it is still a long way to run, I don't need a horse, it will just be way to obvious. Ugh, all I do is think, I barely talk at all to someone, since I am most of the time always alone... I remember that dwarfen engineer who makes my ammo perfectly... His name is Timra Greymane, he is quite tall for being a dwarf, has these classic engineer goggles, drinks alot of coffee and he gets atleast one call every 15 seconds, "This war craves ammo buddy" was the first thing he told me 2 years ago, other than that time he just says hello and brings me the ammo, like he can read my mind. Read.. my mind?

*BAM*, walked straight into a tree, 4 bottles of my holy water got destroyed, I was running way to fast. Well atleast I got room for some daggers now, 6 daggers should do, dualwielding these daggers would be smarter than wasting the gun. So a spare for a spare that is a spare for the spare that is the spare, that sounds reliable, hopefully.
Arriving at the village I surprisingly find the missing hunter right at the entrance to the village.
"I know everything, follow me" he said quick and smoothly, while walking he started talking. "I know of what you might think, but I only did this to get more assistance, you understand don't you?"
"Yes..". Saddened by this understanding, I just wanted to break down and cry, since I felt fear, fear for this world of what there might be. As a witch hunter needs to expect everything, it's driving me slowly to insanity...
"And you.." he said.. "Yes?" I said snapping out of my paranoia thoughts, now noticing we've walked far into the forest into a cave. "Time to die buddy".
Quickly his arm became a mace and came swinging fast at me, I took the hit willingly, wanting to die, but I couldn't turn down the incredible grudge that had been etched into my brains since the time of childhood that I held against the chaos.

He was easy foe, a swift kick in the kidney made him kneel in pain, pulling the trigger automatically, the fight was ended. But I could still feel my wound from the first hit, it ached in pain and it went out throughout my entire body.
"WHAT IS THIS TRICKERY?" Screaming in confusion as I tried to stand eventually kneeling down to be able to keep the balance.
"Poison... The only people who will willingly cure you are in Altdorf... You cannot make it in time, 10 minutes.
I ran, crying over my soon to come death... To the village, screaming for help. Just to be met by fear. I, the judge of justice, I brought justice and safety upon this land have I not? So why didn't they help me. I could only feel the grass against my cheek, it was so soft... So soft...

[center]The End

Cripling
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 15
Class : Choppa
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Thu Jul 03 2008, 04:29

o,o look at that.. I was thinkin of writing something just for the heck of it, but not even a good idea to do so, lol, I'd just embarass myself >.<
Scott
Scott
Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Cripling Thu Jul 03 2008, 14:39

Withdrawing from this contest since I've already gotten the pre-order box (I'm sorry Anginus, but 2 weeks wait compared to this cheap price that I could get today, not worth it)

Cripling
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Nedm Thu Jul 03 2008, 14:56

Cripling wrote:Withdrawing from this contest since I've already gotten the pre-order box (I'm sorry Anginus, but 2 weeks wait compared to this cheap price that I could get today, not worth it)

then he opens it and finds it stuffed with chocolates D:
Nedm
Nedm
Black Guard
Black Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Thu Jul 03 2008, 16:06

haha, PWNT NAAB!
Scott
Scott
Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Cripling Thu Jul 03 2008, 17:40

Nedm wrote:
Cripling wrote:Withdrawing from this contest since I've already gotten the pre-order box (I'm sorry Anginus, but 2 weeks wait compared to this cheap price that I could get today, not worth it)

then he opens it and finds it stuffed with chocolates D:
Well LA DA DI DA, it wasn't tongue

Cripling
Squig
Squig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next