Application - Sulphyte

Go down

Application - Sulphyte

Post  Sulphyte on Sat Sep 06 2008, 13:22

1. Character Information - (male) Dark Elf, Disciple of Khaine (Path of Ritual).

2. Playing Hours - I played World of Warcraft for about 5-7 hours a day, depending on the raiding schedule and the amount of spare time I got to invest in character upgrade (heroic instances) and maintenance (farming).

3. Past Gaming Experience - I've been active in a semi-hardcore raiding the past year and I was an undead priest there.

4. Past Guilds and if you have held any place of power in a Guild (any proof of this will greatly help) - That would be in World of Warcraft: Unspeakable Destiny and before that Disciples of the Oracle. I was a low rank priest and it was just fine like that. I'm no usurper.

5. How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild. I.e. Website help, helping players outside Unleashed etc. - I do have an interest in healing characters and this reflects my character thus I will help during big RVRs and other activities. My job has always been to keep other player characters breathing. I want to help in game by offering my services as such. Unfortunately my HTML/Flash/etc. skills are insufficient. I would however want to be able to stay in contact with other healing characters (such the Chaos Zealot (Alchemy)) outside the game to exchange valuable information regarding gear upgrades etcetera. This would not only help the character itself but I think it would help the guild even more.

6. Reasons for joining Unleashed - When I first visited the website I was blown away. The amount of time put in it (apart from the content) is amazing. I am drawn towards guilds with this much dedication and also a tight set of rules. Raiding and RVR is what I like to do and as a healing character I want to be the (dark) light on the field of WAR!

7. How long you plan on playing WAR - As long as I think is necessary. Might be a bit vague, but unfortunately there is no way I can tell how things will go for me in the near future. But okay, if you want a definite answer I'd say 1 year at least. And in that year I can promise undying loyalty... as it was for the Horde... now it will be for Destruction!

8. Access to Ventrilo and a mic? Yes I have both. I even have a 10 slot Ventrilo server myself which I can "donate" for guild purposes. (Contact me via email/MSN about this)

9. A personal statement - tell us about yourself - I'm a 26 year old Dutch male who goes by the name of David van Heijnsbergen. I've been interested in (high) fantasy for years now. Movies, tabletop (AD&D, Warhammer, Magic TCG, etc.) and ofcourse the MMOs. I've grown into a real team player when it comes to raiding (and in this case also RVR) and I don't mind to learn (taking a more "submissive" role) unless the officers think otherwise. I've always had an interest in healing characters and this reflects my character. I'm always friendly, love to be on Ventrilo and have a laugh now and then and ofcourse I'm always serious when it comes to ..well... being serious. I'm not the kind of person who starts moaning about the well-known epic drops. As you already stated: "your time will come". And so I conclude: My time will come! For destruction! For ruin! And a little bit of healing...

10. Have you pre-ordered the WAR CE and will you be playing in the Headstart with us? Yes, I have pre-ordered but the thing is that I don't understand how or when i can start. The site from which I bought it sent me the Open Beta key (which would start on Sunday the 7th of September) so I guess I just have to wait.

11. Computer specs and Internet connection - Intel Core 2 @ 2.66 GHz / 2 GB ram / nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS and my internet connection is since last week glassfiber which is alot faster than broadband and adsl together. So no worries there.

12. How to get in contact with you, preferably MSN - Ofcourse, my MSN address would be: dnoir[at]live.nl

Regards,
Sulphyte

Sulphyte

Back to top Go down

EDIT

Post  Sulphyte on Sun Sep 07 2008, 20:43

Ah since they're screwing everything up I can't get in the OB at this time. I'm following everything and try to stay on top of things. Thanks! Hope to hear/read from you soon.

Greetings, David

ps. about the "available playing time" - a minimum of 7 hours a day. (I started talking about WoW there - my bad.)

Sulphyte
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 7
Class : Zealot
Registration date : 2008-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Application - Sulphyte

Post  Sulphyte on Mon Sep 08 2008, 04:28

Small update: I'm IN the game after 17 hours of trying *sigh* ... on "our" server. I hope to see you there... and admitted into the guild. Hope to hear something soon.

Cheers, David

EDIT - I have tried some other classes as well since I do not know if the Disciple is the right class for me - even though I'm a hardcore healer. I hope to hear about available slots so i can answer in all honesty whether or not I would find myself suiting for that particular class. I've never been a man of the sword so I'll see. For now I won't say anything else since I'd like to talk to the recr. officer first if possible. Thanks Surprised

Sulphyte
Squig
Squig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly on Tue Sep 09 2008, 21:08

Do you have a headstart key? and on which one ? CE or SE

Firefly
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Male Number of posts : 424
Class : Witch Elf
Registration date : 2008-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sulphyte on Tue Sep 09 2008, 21:13

I ordered the standard pre-order and it includes Open Beta, and Head Start. I'm even already in the game playing.

EDIT: I noticed Disciple of Khaine isn't as good at healing (personally) than Greenskin Shaman or Chaos Zealot. So I'm trying both of them. Currently leveling a Greenskin Shaman.

Sulphyte
Squig
Squig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly on Tue Sep 09 2008, 21:22

Hello there Sulphyte!

Thanks for getting back to us. Before we can take your app to the next level we need to know abit more about how you feel about all the healing classes. Within Unleashed we need to know that the person beside us will heal us, knows how to heal us, and feels right doing this

Dok is a very melee AoE DoT healers. For example some people love to heal big amounts of health and not so much DoT people. And on the other hand zealot has alot of big main heals, little DoTs and are somewhat range.

which of the 3 healer types do you like the best? and why would you say this to be true?

Thanks
~Firefly

Firefly
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sulphyte on Tue Sep 09 2008, 21:29

Indeed, the DoK are focussed on (somewhat less effective) HoTs and small heals. And that bothers me enormously. I'm more into the bigger heals so a Chaos Zealot would be a good choice perhaps. They're really effective in RvR scenarios and group quests.
-> The Greenskin Shaman however has a real healing build and can heal better at a certain point since it builds up. I have to say at this current point that the Shaman has my preference.

greetings, David

Sulphyte
Squig
Squig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly on Tue Sep 09 2008, 21:34

Hello again Sulphyte!

We only have slots open for the class of Zealot. You will not get into unleashed as the class you wish to play. We cant make you change your class and if you still wish to play with Unleashed then you will have to change your class. We cant make you do this, but its the only way to be able to move your app onto the next stage. Zealot of the road in this case my friend

Because of this, i will give you 24 hours to respond to this sudden change of class. If you dont wish to play a zealot then post here and if you do, then i can move you to the next stage of the app system in which you MUST whsiper me in game -- under the name of Firefly

Thanks
~Firefly

Firefly
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sulphyte on Tue Sep 09 2008, 21:37

No problem. I'll go for Zealot. (As this is a nice class as well when it comes to healing).
Just let me create my character and I'll be online in a second.

Many thanks for gaining trust in me and I'll whisper you ingame within the next couple minutes.

David.

Sulphyte
Squig
Squig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly on Tue Sep 09 2008, 21:39

atm i am not in game, as i am here spamming in order to keep my guild in form.

I will be on soon, please level zealot to the max level and look out for me in game, whisper firefly

Thanks
~Firefly

Firefly
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sulphyte on Tue Sep 09 2008, 21:48

I most certainly will. Thank you for your continuous trust and interest. I know the first two chapters so I'll rush. I do have to tell you that the realm is completely packed on Destruction side which might be annoying for most (new) players. There is a 20 minute queue. But I'll wait Wink

Regards, David

Sulphyte
Squig
Squig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Firefly on Tue Sep 09 2008, 21:54

on our server ? Wink thats news to me xD

Firefly
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sulphyte on Tue Sep 09 2008, 22:08

Alarielle is full on Destruction side yes. So there's a queue when entering. At least, that's what I encountered. Smile

Sulphyte
Squig
Squig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down