Unleashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greenskin Application

Go down

Greenskin Application Empty Greenskin Application

Post  Albino Fri Sep 05 2008, 19:42

Playing Hours - The amount of hours per week you spend on (any game) and will this change for WAR?
I've moved this question to the top of my application to prevent you from wasting time reading the rest if the answer to this one is too much of a turn off! Due to work and time constraints I am a more casual gamer than perhaps many of the other applicants. My playtimes will probably be mainly confined to weekends and evenings - say 2-6 hours per weeknight between the hours of 5pm and 12pm, and 4-8 hours each weekend maximum. Should WAR prove as exciting as it looks it will be my only played game, therefore I'd be happy to commit what time I had to it.

Reasons for joining Unleashed
This has been moved as well as I think it's important to my application. I've played numerous MMORPGs in the past, and I've found that the most fun I've had has been playing with talkative, friendly, helpful and mature gamers. For this reason I was hoping to tag along as this guild powers to the top! I can't promise hours of my time (at least I shouldn't or I may start having to look for a new job!) but I can promise to be an experienced and helpful community and in-game member of the Guild. The main thing that attracted me to the Guild was the well written information slot on the war-eu site, and the brilliantly designed webpage! I'm keen to help others and in return have a bit of help finding my feet in WAR. If you're looking for more hardcore players I completely understand - but if you're also looking for some more casual players willing to give as much as they can and take as little as required (ie not demanding spots on large raids or fantastic loot drops... but being equally keen to attend raids if required) then hopefully I'm your man!

Character Information - Race, Class
My intention was to choose Goblin Shaman, but looking around your website I would happily apply as either Black Orc or Squig Herder (whichever was needed). I'm of the school of thought that playing with a collection of friendly and committed players is far more important that initial class choice (though I do want to stick to Greenskin!)

Past Gaming Experience (Please note that we may ask questions about said game to check credibility)
Dark Age of Camelot - Years ago, played to mid level as part of a likeminded guild, and established a small midlevel guild myself. Played for around a year.
Shadowbane - Played to mid level once again, not as part of a Guild this time.
Age of Conan - Again to mid level, only for a few months which was cut short abruptly by a buggy client.
and of course...
World of Warcraft - Max level with 2 characters (Druid and Rogue), played as part of a Raid guild. While I have attended numerous raids and therefore am familiar with the mechanics of large scale questing, I was not a hardcore raider (though finished MC back in the day - for those familiar with the game) and tended to just fill reserve slots if ever needed.

Past Guilds and if you have held any place of power in a Guild (any proof of this will greatly help)
The Village Idiots - DAoC (Guild Leader)
Era Vulgaris - AoC
Black Rose - WoW
Steel Phoenix - WoW
Bad Karma - WoW

How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild. I.e. Website help, helping players outside Unleashed etc.
I'm keen to keep my character at a respectable level, but wish to enjoy the game as I go along, so am always quick to abandon solo play to aid others. I'd also happily provide items free of charge to fellow guildies. I have read little about crafting within WAR but have always enjoyed the process in other games so would be keen to pick a craft skill that benefits the guild and again provide said service free of charge. I really like the sound of promoting the guilds image around the server and the irony of doing good deeds for the forces of destruction! As I progress in game I'll be quick to offer help and advice to any who need it.

How long you plan on playing WAR
Hopefully for at least a year - as I've yet to experience the game I'm fairly positive about it. I tend to aim for level cap in MMORPGs and then continue playing for a few months post cap - however I'm keen to try different races in WAR so would hope there'll be enough to keep me interested long after that.

Access to Ventrilo and a mic?
Yes to both of the above.

A personal statement - tell us about yourself (Note that this is a very important part of your application)
IRL I'm a 22 year old medic from the UK. In addition to being an avid gamer I'm also a bit of a film and theatre buff and a part time stand-up comedian and improviser (feel like I probably should have put some example jokes somewhere in this application now...). My brother is a more hardcore gamer than myself, though I currently live with friends (one of which shares around the same play schedule as myself). I'd like to think of myself as a relatively well rounded geek - with gaming being my not so secret shame (my really secret shame is that I played Warhammer Tabletop for years before University... don't tell). Hope that's the kind of thing you wanted to know? If not: 6'2" Brown Eyes, Fun Loving Gamer GSoH LF Attractive Guild with Fancy Webpage for Late Night Questing.

Have you pre-ordered the WAR CE and will you be playing in the 'Open Beta' with us?
I have indeed pre-ordered and would be keen to join you within the Open Beta (short though it may be).

Computer specs and Internet connection
Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+
2GB RAM (Looking to Upgrade to 3GB)
NVIDEA GeForce 8600 GT
Windows Vista 32bit
8Mb VirginMedia Cable Broadband

How to get in contact with you, preferably MSN
Finishing on a cheeky note, would it be possible to PM my email to someone as opposed to posting it on the boards? I'll check back here reguarly and once again understand if the application is not what your looking for you needn't be obliged to reply.

Thanks for taking the time to read this - things look quite swamped on the message boards! Hope to hear back from you!

Albino

Back to top Go down

Greenskin Application Empty Re: Greenskin Application

Post  Olthrion Fri Sep 05 2008, 20:41

As you yourself said your more of a casual gamer at this time.
Unleashed is a hardcore guild where we require that our members can give 6+ hours a day.
At this time it doesn't seem that we are a fit for what your looking for.
If any of this will change in the future your more then welcome to reapply, if not then I wish you the best of luck and perhaps we will see you ingame as well my friend.
Olthrion
Olthrion
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 696
Class : Disciple of Khaine
Registration date : 2008-02-06

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk/

Back to top Go down