App- Stephen

Go down

App- Stephen Empty App- Stephen

Post  Stephen on Fri Sep 05 2008, 11:16

Greetings all and thank you for this opportunity to apply to the guild.
I shall follow the format provided so that it can be looked over with all haste as I assume you have a fair number to go through

1. Character Information - Race, Class

I will be a little green man and a shaman at that, name yet to be decided.
2. Playing Hours - The amount of hours per week you spend on (any game) and will this change for WAR?

I consider myself to spend a lot of time in game really and most guilds I have been in for the last few games (LOTRO, AoC) I have been the only one online. Most days I have been online maybe 11 hours average although some days i might not go online or just for 1 hour or so, depending on rl things. I do plan to spend time on WAR as I think it would be a great game to get into especially with a dedicated team of players.

3. Past Gaming Experience (Please note that we may ask questions about said game to check credibility).

Think my gaming experience really started with WoW. I was in a raid guild for some time and enjoyed all of the pve contense in that game but during PvE downtimes it was normal to hit the pvp mini-games and AV battleground. This really gave me a bit of passion for pvp which was something i hadnt really thought about before. So I started on the road to Grand Marshal, although half way though that really hard path for server competition it all changed and the pvp was totally revamped. After that the desire was gone as everyone was sailing through the ranks that took me months of hard gaming to get. It might be important to note here that I played a priest that I used for raiding (full healer) then went shadow-priest for PvP (although continued as a heal support for the npc pulls).
My next game was LOTRO because i was looking for a change from WoW as that had been played to death and was really bored of it. LOTRO was great fun and got into a small, nice and family kind of guild. With another guild we ran Rift raids every week so I would say the LOTRO was purely a PvE experience. I missed the pvp side of things so hit the ettenmoors and got to rank 6 FREEPS side. Then I did the dirty and changed side to see what the CREEPS had to offer and got to rank 7 on that side but the pvp was very same same on the game although on Lauren server there were some real nice pvpers i met.
I continued with lotro until i got some cash together to build a PC for AoC. Got into that game and played a PoM but all the nerfs made it impossible to play on a pvp server. Switched over to some other classes to try them out and got to a lvl 80 Ranger and a mid lvl BearShaman which i particularly liked. I was dispondant with AoC so decided to give WAR a go and from what i have read it will offer the PvP i was hoping for in AoC.

4. Past Guilds and if you have held any place of power in a Guild (any proof of this will greatly help)

I was second a WoW guild until the GM left the game (a RL friend of mine) so took on leadership, while in that role (stressful I will admit) I created the alliances needed to go to the lower lvl raids like (blimy i forgot name but the one in stranglethorn vale) and MC. I lead the Raids to the stranglethorn vale raid but never lead the raid to MC. In due cause the guild slowly drifted apart and most of us merged with a raid guild that was raiding once a day. Once I was out of leadership I considered the enjoyment of having no responsibility in a guild although I find I offer support and help to the GM as I understand just how stressful that position is and considering its a game in which is meant for fun for all then we all have a duty to help each other in the guild, not just in game but also the out of game duty as people to people.

5. How you will help Unleashed, both outside and inside guild. I.e. Website help, helping players outside Unleashed etc.

I am a friendly and helpful player and that is for everyone that i come in to contact with. I consider myself a warrior and where ever a warrior is, people are safe. Most people show good condition to guild members but I think its also an important thing to show good condition to others and this reflects a good reputation for the guild as a whole. Itís important that the guilds name is known for Quality and good nature on a server and this leads to respect. As for material items I think itís always good practices to keep the flow of good items into the guild, strength doesnít come through good items it comes through a good team and a well equipped team. The last game I was buying and epic shield for the guild MT and grinding out ore for the city walls.

6. Reasons for joining Unleashed.

I want people to be online when i am and not to be in a bare guild with no committed players. I want to be part of a guild recognized as the best on the realm. To know that every other member is dam good in combat and to play an mmo not as a solo but as a group based game.

7. How long you plan on playing WAR

For some time I should think, I will try DF a few months after release (let them iron out bugs) but I not sure if thats my game as the whole thing looks a bit DOOM 1 to me. Im interested in Earthrise but thats far in the future and as for AoC I might pop onto that game on Tuesdays for the guild event but not sure how long that will last for two reasons...the guild is virtually diminished (gone back to WoW as the Emerald Knights are a very successful wow guild but I think cross over guilds dont work as their player base is in another game) but also my wife will not be too pleased with me paying for two subs
In addition, I have always liked the Warhammer and started to play warhamme 20 years ago when it was a RP tabletop game, then I got into the table battles. So it will be nice to get into the story. I only wish they had made a 40k mmo not another fantasy one as im getting a little bored of this genre.

8. Access to Ventrilo and a mic?

Not yet put vent onto this rig but thats easy done and the mic is good to go. Its a shame this game doesnt have the built in feature of audio as in lotro.

9. A personal statement - tell us about yourself (Note that this is a very important part of your application)

Im not a goblin in real life, my nose isnt snotty and i dont sqeek. I am a married man of 32 and live in London the big rotten apple. I currently am in my final year of a degree course in History and Sociology with the hope to attend a PGCE next year to teach. I like walks and talks and wine and dine and my favourite colour is Dradil.
As previously mentioned I used to tabletop rp and then during my more grown up days I took to the forests for Live Role-play for a number of years and met some nice, if not mental, people through that. Lately I realized the benefit of rp at home on the pc in games like mmos and the warmth of the heater. I wouldnt say im a rper in games but I do like to play the role of the class and get into it a bit. I do prefer a rp server over a normal one for the reason that i dont like to see names like Liklik or D92ddw.

10. Have you pre-ordered the WAR CE and will you be playing in the 'Open Beta' with us?

I was thinking about OB but then thought that theres not much point as its only a short time before Live Launch. In addition the pre-order boxes were £10 more and offered not much value for that, some in-game items but in my experience after a few lvls the in game items become worthless. So i have pre-ordered a normal copy of gameconnect for £26 including delivery for the launch day, although i am not sure I will be on for that as in the 14th my wife and I are going to Slovakia for two weeks, but I am hoping to get into game before this time as im quite excited about it.

11. Computer specs and Internet connection

The connection is fairly fast at 16 mb and the rig is as follows (homemade):
Athlon 64 x2 5000+ Black Edition (overclocking in winter for temp reasons)
M2N Ė sli Deluxe Motherboard
8800GT Graphics
4 Gig Ram
Vista 64 Bit

12. How to get in contact with you, preferably MSN

Email i have given on forum. I have joined into the UL on quakenet with the name Noble so you might see me on there at times.

As a final statement: I understand that you have limited class entries at this time and would like to be considered for future places. A dps dealing healer I am used to playing and prefer and the little green man i think will be total fun to play so consider me as a player rather than a class entry here and put me into the guild or onto the waiting list because you never know you might need some more warrrgh at some time

Stephen
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 2
Class : Shaman
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

App- Stephen Empty Re: App- Stephen

Post  Cain on Fri Sep 05 2008, 12:24

Unleashed raids 6 days/week and the minimum play time is 6 hours/day... do you think that you can make these times?

App- Stephen Cainsigvo1
Cain
Cain
Recruitment
Recruitment

Male Number of posts : 372
Class : Marauder
Registration date : 2008-04-11

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen on Fri Sep 05 2008, 13:30

Thanks for the reply, though rather short. I shall continue to look for a guild as i cant possible commit to play 6 hours for 6 days of the week. Many people will be able to do that but im an adult and do have other responsilbities as do any other adults.

Good luck in your venture.

Stephen
Squig
Squig

Male Number of posts : 2
Class : Shaman
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Olthrion on Fri Sep 05 2008, 15:09

You might want to look at a casual guild then for your needs and what you can provide.
We have alot of members from ranging from 15 to 35, everyone with different personal life whether it be that they are students or have fulltime jobs, single or married with kids. Most of them adults with adult responsilbities, it all comes down to how well your able and capable to manage your own life and thus your free time.

Good luck with your future search for a guild and I hope you find what you are looking for.
Olthrion
Olthrion
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 696
Class : Disciple of Khaine
Registration date : 2008-02-06

http://www.unleashed-war.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content